cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible RAM for ROG Zephyrus S17 GX703H

Northforge
Level 8
I love that the product advertises upgradable ram, but I can't find any information whatsoever in Asus material for transfer speed and anything else. Does anyone know of a list of Asus approved ram upgrades specifically for the GX703H, or at the very least the verified compatible transfer speeds?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
I looked on the support page and I don't see a QVL. That's not uncommon for laptops since they nearly always come with compatible memory installed. No QVL means ASUS probably didn't validate more than the few kits that came pre-installed.

It comes with 3200 memory so I wouldn't expect it to run any faster. If you buy a 3400 or 3600 kit it will probably only run at 3200 anyway. So just buy a 3200 kit in the capacity you want and make sure to buy it from a retailer with free returns in case you need to exchange it for a different brand.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I looked on the support page and I don't see a QVL. That's not uncommon for laptops since they nearly always come with compatible memory installed. No QVL means ASUS probably didn't validate more than the few kits that came pre-installed.

It comes with 3200 memory so I wouldn't expect it to run any faster. If you buy a 3400 or 3600 kit it will probably only run at 3200 anyway. So just buy a 3200 kit in the capacity you want and make sure to buy it from a retailer with free returns in case you need to exchange it for a different brand.

Thabk you!! I wasn't expecting QVL to ring a bell. Feels like I've been through this before. I've ordered Crucial RAM 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 Laptop Memory CT32G4SFD832A. Of the 59000+ reviews not one mentions the Zephyrus S17 GX703 specifically.

Northforge
Level 8
Timetec 32GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 Non-ECC Unbuffered 1.2V CL22 2Rx8 Dual Rank 260 Pin SODIMM Compatible with AMD and Intel Gaming Laptop Notebook PC Computer Memory RAM Module Upgrade (32GB) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KRMK2TL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_2VY3V5T8DQZJQB7016VP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

One of the images in that actually lists the Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 GX703 Series laptops as compatible. It's not direct info from Asus, but to be mentioned is significant. Good luck everyone!