Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kernolsz28 View Post
    I enabled the stereo mix and DO NOT hear the clicking anymore with same test.

Disabling. I DO.
    We have been trying to tell manufacturers for almost a year now. If the new firmware and driver wont help you, then welcome to the club.

Moderator Array

Hi kernolsz28,
    May I double confirm it occurs every time you join discord? because you mentioned it occurred around the 8 sec mark in the last video.
    If it doesn't occur every time you join discord at the beginning, does it occur after run the specific apps?
    Does it occur on discord app without any other apps running?
    Are all audio settings default settings?
    Does it also occur after uninstall Realtek audio driver?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

In that video yeah it was the slider on the bottom moving at 9 sec when I joined. It popped there. 8 was when i glanced over. 9 is more correct. Its counting backwards for me.

When I join and leave /repeat really fast it doesn't make the sound. If i give it a few seconds and then Join , I hear the pop/crack every time. It coccus when its the only opened app. If I have youtube or music going already it does not do it.

After alot of testing if i have something paused, its a hit or miss. It either does it or it doesn't. At first I thought paused audio stopped it but it doesn't. The only thing so far that stops the pop/click is having stereo mix enabled and listen to this device checked off like noted in an above post.

I have tried audio at default settings and also different settings within windows/or sonic studio 3.

The uninstaling of the realtek driver did not correct it.

Moderator Array

Hi kernolsz28,
    I'll consult our tech team again.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by iisd View Post
    We have been trying to tell manufacturers for almost a year now. If the new firmware and driver wont help you, then welcome to the club.
    This club sucks, almost a year of this and still no fix. 350euro motherboard, OK THEN.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

It's so simple, just click on the sound icon and you'll hear crackle.

Realtek, not Asus, has more than enough information to either fix it or admit that they messed up and I hope it's not the latter.

That's why I told @STARRAIN@ROG that it's not our jobs to test left and right, that's Asus is job. Bring a new driver or firmware fix and I'll tell you if it's fixed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    that it's not our jobs to test left and right, that's Asus is job.
    You're right. But problem is... ASUS won't move a finger if people won't complain and explain.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    You're right. But problem is... ASUS won't move a finger if people won't complain and explain.
    Sorry, I will correct my statement.

I'm not knocking the effort to show the problem, that's what we all do here and you and knuckles and myself have done a lot to show the problem, but I'm sure you'll agree we are way past this.

This is more than can you make me drawing? It's more like can you clone it!! If there was nothing wrong, we wouldn't be trying firmware's left and right.

Asus and Realtek have more than enough info. If only there was a reason for changing a sound chip to USB when information provided doesn't show the change offers anything better in the way of sound compared to the classic ALC 1220. Oh, even less in quality.

Moderator Array

Hi kernolsz28,
    I'm afraid our tech team still cannot reproduce the click or pop sound when join or leave discord channel.
    If you don't have other reproducing steps about it, please use stereo mix workaround or send the motherboard to our RMA for further examination.
    Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3