Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Anyone trying to combine two kits rated at 6000MT is in for a rough time.

Stop combining kits and chalk it up to misadventure on your part. This has been covered many times, also see sticky on why not to combine memory kits in this section.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Anyone trying to combine two kits rated at 6000MT is in for a rough time.

Stop combining kits and chalk it up to misadventure on your part. This has been covered many times, also see sticky on why not to combine memory kits in this section.
    What about just having two stick of ram? I just have 2 ram which is the gskill 6000CL36 16Gb*2 kit. Is there any solution to run xmp successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by ko3v200ma9295 View Post
    What about just having two stick of ram? I just have 2 ram which is the gskill 6000CL36 16Gb*2 kit. Is there any solution to run xmp successfully?
    I have that kit, dialled in fine. Tune Memory controller VDD and System Agent voltages. Solution implies all CPUs are the same, which they are not

New ROGer Array AwenMilano PC Specs
    AwenMilano PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690 Hero
    ProcessorI7 12700 KF
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
    MonitorAsus XG 279Q
    Storage #1WD Black SN850 2Tb
    Storage #2Team Delta Max 1Tb
    CPU CoolerAsus Ryujin II 360
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700M
    Power SupplySeasonic PX-1000
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Overwatch
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar
    Headset Steelseries Artics 7
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Swans Hivi M50W
    OS Windows 11 Education

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    I have that kit, dialled in fine. Tune Memory controller VDD and System Agent voltages. Solution implies all CPUs are the same, which they are not
    hello Silent Scone@ROG, thx for ur support foa all this time,
    i think i find the stabillity until now, with my ram F5-6000J3636F16GX2 TZ5RK i use xmp 2 and increase volt mem controller, vdd, vddq into 1,4v also increase cpu system agen into 1,3v
    but today want to try long time gaming for make it sure

but i just curious about this what you say "Solution implies all CPUs are the same" are this any chance my cpu has weak imc soo make me need tunning it manually for succesfull xmp?
    becuase when i ask some people in youtube who reviewed z690 hero mobo and klevv 6000 ram with z690 hero, they say they can run xmp with left eveything in auto
    when i asking people in linus forum they also say maybe my cpu have weak imc, or mobo defect so cant run xmp in auto presets.
    i also asking my ram seller they say they can run xmp at auto presets in gigabyte m/b and no need tuning everything

still curious with this problem, why other people can use xmp with left all setting auto, and why i cant do that,
    if we increase a volt manually, can it make our hardware life shorten?

New ROGer Array

DDR5 PMIC voltages = by Per PMIC

Hope this helps someone:

Well, got 2x32 ddr5 CL40 dominators to run at 5200 after resetting bios to optimized defaults, reboot then XMP1 per:
    ddr5 dimm XMP fix (especially 4 dims):

Note: VDD and VDDQ voltages depend on your RAM XMP voltage default i.e. mine where 1.25 so + 0.05 - watch video
    VDD = 1.300
    VDDQ = 1.300
    PMIC voltages = By Per PMIC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KZFeE-o3jo

====================
    Note: your CPU overclock can affect your stability with RAM OC as it did me - Had to manual overclock to get stability to settings:
    My CPU SP = 88

vcore : 1.328
    negative offset : 0.100 to keep temps bellow 90c
    p-core: 53x1, 52x2, 51x3, 51x4, 50 = all core(8)
    e-core: 40 all cores
    How to overclock manually i9-12900k:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDmFjKeWSA&t=910s
    Last edited by timb320; 04-26-2022 at 03:57 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus Z690 Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2X6600C32
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #12TB Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD
    Storage #24TB Seagate FireCuda 120 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-Quantum Velocity2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro

You guys with 4-slot motherboards running DDR5 that want to run full slots for the RGB would be better off with the Mantal modules.

Best option is 32GB (2x16GB + 2x Dummy) https://v-color.net/collections/ddr5...42330301628583

New ROGer Array AwenMilano PC Specs
    AwenMilano PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690 Hero
    ProcessorI7 12700 KF
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
    MonitorAsus XG 279Q
    Storage #1WD Black SN850 2Tb
    Storage #2Team Delta Max 1Tb
    CPU CoolerAsus Ryujin II 360
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700M
    Power SupplySeasonic PX-1000
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Overwatch
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar
    Headset Steelseries Artics 7
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Swans Hivi M50W
    OS Windows 11 Education

Quote Originally Posted by AwenMilano View Post
    i think i find the stabillity until now, with my ram F5-6000J3636F16GX2 TZ5RK i use xmp 2 and increase volt mem controller, vdd, vddq into 1,4v also increase cpu system agen into 1,3v

but i just curious about this what you say "Solution implies all CPUs are the same" are this any chance my cpu has weak imc soo make me need tunning it manually for succesfull xmp?
    becuase when i ask some people in youtube who reviewed z690 hero mobo and klevv 6000 ram with z690 hero, they say they can run xmp with left eveything in auto
    when i asking people in linus forum they also say maybe my cpu have weak imc, or mobo defect so cant run xmp in auto presets.
    i also asking my ram seller they say they can run xmp at auto presets in gigabyte m/b and no need tuning everything

still curious with this problem, why other people can use xmp with left all setting auto, and why i cant do that,
    update, playing overwatch still got random crash, really make me hopeless. now try lowering the speed to 5600 and left all auto

Quote Originally Posted by AwenMilano View Post

It's not always down to weak IMC problem but an alignment one. Some CPUs and memory kits are more comfortable at certain voltages (VCCSA/MemorycontrolVDD) than others. Ergo, it's not always "more" voltage.

New ROGer Array

I've been having a difficult time getting stability as well with 2x sticks on my STRIX Z690 E. Initially this build was using a 16x2 Gskill 5600 kit (SAMSUNG) on 1403 BIOS. I kept getting random hangs, no BSOD just full lock up. Tried by process of elimination, to fix this, going through event viewer, reading all the tips here (disable PCIE ASPM, increase voltage values by +0.05, reduce DRAM freq, even turn off XMP ect) and nothing really worked. Sent the RAM back for RMA, since I thought at the time - It's probably the RAM.

I have a great vendor who is also a friend, so he suggested that he temporarily loan me a HyperX 8x2 5600 kit to test (Hynix) which I'm using now. So it seemed to be alright, until... It froze again. I knew it couldn't be the RAM kits. I've since flashed to BIOS 1304 since I've read that for some it's more stable. Trying this now, with XMP but DRAM freq reduced to 5200. If that doesn't work I'll drop the Auto (4800) and if that doesn't work, I'll drop lower. I hope it's not some hardware fault with the board. Freezing a few times every day is worrying, XMP on or not. I'll report back if the freezing stops.

New ROGer Array

Ok guys, quick report. Since switching to 1304 BIOS from 1403, It definitely seems more stable. Running XMP with the borrowed Hynix RAM kit, but reduced from 5600 to 5200. It was stable for longer than 24 hours. However - There was a freeze when I left the machine idle overnight in the morning when I went to check on it. I'm still not sure what's causing the lock ups, but now I suspect since it only seems to happen when idle, that it might be CPU power management? I'm disabling C-states in BIOS to give that a try, maybe that's it. Not sure still what's causing it but by process of elimination the freezes are become less frequent. 1 freeze in 24 hours is great compared to the 3-4 freezes I was getting a day. Still not certain if it's DDR5 being a little too new or BIOS issues, but will continue to test.

I really don't know for certain if it's the motherboard either... I've seen some people report rock solid stability with their ASUS boards and DDR5. Maybe it's just this board? I'm unsure, but will continue testing and reporting back. Unfortunately I'm not pro-overclocker so I have no idea the effect of manually setting voltages and manually OC-ing the RAM, so I'm trying to avoid touching that. Anyone else experiencing lock ups? Anything you've tried to fix it?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast