cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G533QS Powers on, keyboard backlit, fans running, no screen or ssd indicator.

Mike933
Level 7
Hi folks. My not even 8 month old laptop is no longer booting up and I'm hoping someone can help. I was watching Netflix and the laptop just shut down, right to black. When I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't boot at all. The screen remains black, the keyboard lights up, the power, battery, and the 4th indicator light(airplane mode I think) light up, but no ssd activity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Try connecting to a TV or external monitor to see if there is any output. That's an easy first step.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Try connecting to a TV or external monitor to see if there is any output. That's an easy first step.

Thank you, I tried that, on a couple different monitors and TVs. Nothing. I took out the RAM, I took out the SSDs, I unplugged the battery and tried with and without the power plugged in. Still reacts the same. No post and not sure what else to do lol....this sucks.

xeromist
Without any diagnostic output it's going to be hard to pin down. The good news is that if you purchased it 8 months ago you should still have a warranty. So revert whatever you can to stock and set up an RMA with ASUS support.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Mike933
Level 7
I was definitely hoping to avoid that route, but I'm thinking the mobo is fried. Not much I can do here. Thank you

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Mike933 wrote:
I was definitely hoping to avoid that route, but I'm thinking the mobo is fried. Not much I can do here. Thank you

Doesn't always help, but try holding the power button for 40 seconds to try to clear the CMOS settings and test again.
Not sure if the AC adapter should be connected, so you may want to try it both ways.

Edit: Found an FAQ below which mentions a couple other notebook models need to plug in the AC adapter when you try this although it appears to be for when you are getting no power light.

https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1014276/

Just don't want that to be the problem if you send it back for repair, so worth a try.

===============

You will need RAM installed to get a display, but if you upgraded or replaced the memory, try the original memory if still available or try just one stick of memory at a time if you have two installed.

Thanks.