New bios for the maximus Hero XIII has been released today:

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1202
"1.Improve system performance.
2.Fixed fan control issue
3.improve system stability
4.update CPU microcode
5.update to MemTest86 ver.9.2 build 2000
6.improve DRAM compatibility

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_manual
29 REPLIES 29

Saltgrass
Level 13
It seems to be OK so far on my system..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
all ok for now! no issues to report
Learn, Play Enjoy!

"1.Improve system performance."

What does this mean in detail?
Which kind of performance?

sdmf74
Level 11
Anybody know what the "fixed fan control issue?" Is referring to?
I have had recurring issues with my fans ramping up and down quickly, usually randomly after a reboot but I assumed that was an Armory Crate issue since it is horrible & breaks just about everything cause it's filled with so much bloat
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Anybody know what the "fixed fan control issue?" Is referring to?
I have had recurring issues with my fans ramping up and down quickly, usually randomly after a reboot but I assumed that was an Armory Crate issue since it is horrible & breaks just about everything cause it's filled with so much bloat

M13A user here. maybe it's the fact that sometimes when doing auto-tuning, some fans end up with ridiculous minimum low-speed values, like 60%.

either way, reporting that I managed to shave some latency off my memory kit

Grimpak wrote:
M13A user here. maybe it's the fact that sometimes when doing auto-tuning, some fans end up with ridiculous minimum low-speed values, like 60%.

either way, reporting that I managed to shave some latency off my memory kit

Yeah Im getting ready to flash it, Oh well whatever fan control improvemnets Ill take it. Gonna have to tweak my ram again. Thanks!

@Martin, Asus puts that on Every one of their bios firmware updates, We will never know what they are referring to or if any performance improvements
have even been performed?
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

Mutaz2019
Level 8
Hi;
Every motherboards ROG Z590 have new bios update V. 1202 but the z590 F WiFi unavailable why ???

sl910
Level 7
sl910 wrote:
New bios for the maximus Hero XIII has been released today:

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1202
"1.Improve system performance.
2.Fixed fan control issue
3.improve system stability
4.update CPU microcode
5.update to MemTest86 ver.9.2 build 2000
6.improve DRAM compatibility

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_manual

So far, so good...(I cross my fingers)

-Installed + F5 (defaults)
-Disabled Armoury Crate
-Disabled Wifi and BT (useless in my case)
-Everything else, default, i.e. auto

I have a few remarks:

-This BIOS is dated of october 27th. Why more than 2 months before publication (december 28th). With the previous Bios (1007), the file was dated july 13 and the publication occured on august 3rd.

- The CPU microcode has been upgraded from version 40 to version 50. Anyone knows what can be the differences ?
- The EC version has also changed, from MBEC-RKL-0215 to version MBEC-RKL-0217. Any idea ?

Best regards

sl910

installed new bios 1202 on Hero XIII and i noticed that my SP prediction from 85 changed to 70. Also PCH temperature is higher than 0902 build.
As i am still using windows 10 i rolled back to 0902 which is the best bios ( stable with ABT and Multicore enhancement enabled ) for my setup.
Had also some weird shutdown crashes with 1202 while using Microsoft flight Simulator.
Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition