cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero Audio Impedance Sensing Issue

USERMAC
Level 9
I am having an issue with audio popping and cracking much more noticeable when plugging in the headphone jack.

I have also noticed that the motherboards Impedance Sensing is way off setting my headphone to over 1000 ohms when my headphone are rated 150 ohms.

I have tested the headphones on two of my other Asus motherboards and they are detecting the headphones correctly setting them to 150 ohms not popping and cracking.

I am using Realtek Audio Control driver version 6.3.9600.2299 UI Version: 1.27.254.0

I updated all my motherboard drivers using the Asus Armoury Crate.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution ?

9 REPLIES 9

darkcg
Level 9
USERMAC wrote:
I am having an issue with audio popping and cracking much more noticeable when plugging in the headphone jack.

I have also noticed that the motherboards Impedance Sensing is way off setting my headphone to over 1000 ohms when my headphone are rated 150 ohms.

I have tested the headphones on two of my other Asus motherboards and they are detecting the headphones correctly setting them to 150 ohms not popping and cracking.

I am using Realtek Audio Control driver version 6.3.9600.2299 UI Version: 1.27.254.0

I updated all my motherboard drivers using the Asus Armoury Crate.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution ?

Have you updated the firmware of the audio card? This is not made by Armoury Crate but must be done manually. This firmware solved lots of audio related problems for me:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/01AUDIO/USB_Audio_FW_Update_Tool_VID0B05_2021-11-25_ASUS.zip

USERMAC
Level 9
Hi thanks but I have already tried doing this but it did not make a difference.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just updated my Z490 board running Win 11 to UI version 1.29.256.0 and Audio driver version 6.0.9244.1.

It is showing around 40 ohms for my Apple Earbuds.

I notice your attachment shows you are running 100 % volume.. Is that on purpose or by necessity?

You might also check the setting for Front Panel to see if it is set to Headphone and not Speakers.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

USERMAC
Level 9
Mine is showing front Speaker Out not headphones I did try plugging my headphones in the front of my case but nothing happens no sound , no detection the mic gets detected though.

USERMAC
Level 9
When I selected disable front panel jack detection I got the headphone to show up but even the front panel is pushing over 1000 ohms

Saltgrass
Level 13
Since we have different motherboards, it may be that as much as the drivers.

I need to tell you, on my Z490 system, after I installed the new Win 11 Audio drivers. my simple Apps such as Sudoku would open but delay for minutes actually opening the game. Right now I have removed everything but the Realtek Audio Console and the system has returned to normal.

I will test my Z590 system since it seems to use the Realtek USB audio where the Z490 uses just the Realtek Audio. I will get back in an hour or so.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thanks

Saltgrass wrote:
Since we have different motherboards, it may be that as much as the drivers.

I need to tell you, on my Z490 system, after I installed the new Win 11 Audio drivers. my simple Apps such as Sudoku would open but delay for minutes actually opening the game. Right now I have removed everything but the Realtek Audio Console and the system has returned to normal.

I will test my Z590 system since it seems to use the Realtek USB audio where the Z490 uses just the Realtek Audio. I will get back in an hour or so.

USERMAC wrote:
Thanks

Ok, my Z590 has the latest drivers and seems to be OK so far. It does behave the same as the Z490, in this respect.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

raven77uk
Level 10
The driver and control panel UI have not been optimized for Z690 yet. I mean I can't even change the rear sound output to headphones from speakers so can only use DTS headphone on front panel, audio re-tasking aint working where it should be.

You are on old drivers, update to the latest.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/01AUDIO/DRV_Audio_RTK_USB_CNT_DTSP_TP_W11_64_V6396002307_20211...