cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 TUF Gaming Plus WIFI d4 cant run on 3600 MHz

Bluegarden
Level 7
Hello Everybody,

I bought a new pc this week and yesterday I connected all the parts.
The problem is the ram cant run on 3600 MHz...
The RAM is : G.Skill Ripjaws v model: F43600C16D-32GVKC - https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/184/1562831784/F4-3600C16D-32GVKC-Qvl
on this site, you can see it is compatible with my board.

my CPU is: Intel 12700K
I updated my bios to 0807 which is the newest version that exists.

when I enable the XMP option - 3600mhz - that computer doesn't boot - it writes me safe-mode.
I played with this a little bit and I saw it can boot only with 2800 MHz.
over 2800 it doesn't succeed and does many blueScreens.

I connected the RAM on A1/B1 it is ok?

What can I do?

Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

Kikoarl
Level 7
Does your board boot when you're using auto frequency and timings?

ASUS boards are a complete mess as of now. We should be thankful for avoiding the risk of exploding. My board, PRIME Z690-P D4 have the same issues with the RAM on auto (2133 Mhz), on XMP (3200 MHz) or even heavy overclocked (4000 MHz). FWIW my memory is on the QVL list, but seems that doesn't mean anything at all.

As soon as I start a memory-intensive program, the whole system crashes.

I've been expecting a newer BIOS for more than a month, since latest available BIOS for my board is 0605 2021/11/12 hoping that updating it would solve my issues.

Kikoarl wrote:
Does your board boot when you're using auto frequency and timings?

ASUS boards are a complete mess as of now. We should be thankful for avoiding the risk of exploding. My board, PRIME Z690-P D4 have the same issues with the RAM on auto (2133 Mhz), on XMP (3200 MHz) or even heavy overclocked (4000 MHz). FWIW my memory is on the QVL list, but seems that doesn't mean anything at all.

As soon as I start a memory-intensive program, the whole system crashes.

I've been expecting a newer BIOS for more than a month, since latest available BIOS for my board is 0605 2021/11/12 hoping that updating it would solve my issues.

what are you mean "We should be thankful for avoiding the risk of exploding." ?

using auto frequncy and timings is disable the xmp option? if yes, my answer is yes. I can boot auto with 2133 MHz.

Can changing system settings and crashes cause malfunctions or destroy the motherboard?

Bluegarden wrote:
what are you mean "We should be thankful for avoiding the risk of exploding." ?

Some Z690 Hero boards have one capacitor reverse mounted, causing explosions near the DDR5 modules. Even though we are having issues with DDR4, our board won't explode 😛

If your board doesn't support XMP speeds as of now, and it works like it should on default settings (2133 and such) I recommend you to use it until ASUS fixes all the memory related issues that are plaguing DDR4 and DDR5 boards.

Bluegarden wrote:
Can changing system settings and crashes cause malfunctions or destroy the motherboard?

Well. You can kill components if you touch things that you shouldn't, such as increasing the CPU Vcore too much. Memory crashes can cause corruption on OS drivers, that's why it's always recommended to run the famous "sfc /scannow" command in the CMD with admin privileges to scan and fix files that may be corrupted due to crashes.

And why exactly are you using A1/B1 slots when A2/B2 slots are recommended?

Hermanos94 wrote:
And why exactly are you using A1/B1 slots when A2/B2 slots are recommended?

yes, I discovered it today..
I bought right now alcohol 70% (I can't buy more than 70 in my country) for removing the thermal cream.. (I have Noctua D-15)
In addition, I have an Ipad pro with a type C connector and my computer doesn't recognize him.. (tried on USB 3.2 gen 2X2 and 3.2 gen 1) help??

Would like to update the problem has been fixed.
I replaced the sticks from A1/B1 to A2/B2 and now it's working great
I'm on 3600 MHz baby :cool:

but the board still doesn't want to detect my Ipad 😞

Bluegarden wrote:
Would like to update the problem has been fixed.
I replaced the sticks from A1/B1 to A2/B2 and now it's working great
I'm on 3600 MHz baby :cool:

but the board still doesn't want to detect my Ipad 😞

I had exactly the same problema and I had tried everything before I saw your post. After I switched the banks I was able to run my sticks at 3733 Mhz (the speed they are supposed to run).

Thanks a lot 🙂

joseph_lai
Level 7
you are lucky that you are not using 128GB..... it will have problem on using 4 ram slot even RAM on QVL list..........
3600 simply not work....

joseph lai wrote:
you are lucky that you are not using 128GB..... it will have problem on using 4 ram slot even RAM on QVL list..........
3600 simply not work....

Sorry if I am blunt, Asus supported 128 of RAM for this board, but does not meant all memory module able to acheive that. It still up to memory manufacturer determine if worth to produce 4X132gb ram as quad pair to match gaming rig. I dont see much any rig running 128gb ram just for gaming.