cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus apex z690 + F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RS

sebagsm
Level 7
hi!

Iam trying to set up this combo for a few days now... on the first run to be stable with xmp. but random crashes in games, on boot and so on (but no errors with xtu or occt)

using the latest bios (0811) but the ram is not yet on the QVL list but other asus mb are already added this ram to QVL:( .

maybe someone with a same combo be so kind to send me the bios settings or maybe some beta bios? 🙂

thanks
21 REPLIES 21

axiumone
Level 11
I couldnt get that kit stable on the Formula board with that bios either. However, using bios 0702, the kit works perfectly fine after 12 hours of running memtest. Don't know what they changed, but it wasn't good. Try rolling back to an earlier bios version.

axiumone wrote:
I couldnt get that kit stable on the Formula board with that bios either. However, using bios 0702, the kit works perfectly fine after 12 hours of running memtest. Don't know what they changed, but it wasn't good. Try rolling back to an earlier bios version.

thanks. I will give it a try 🙂

0702 bios = xmp I instant crash in games with xmp ii still running fine. but anyway still looking for manual bios settings if somebody has a stable solution. thanks

axiumone
Level 11
Dang, sorry to hear that. Have you tried training in XMP I instead of II?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Check if you're on the latest UEFI.

Try increasing VDD and VDDQ voltages to 1.4v.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Check if you're on the latest UEFI.

increasing VDD and VDDQ voltages to 1.4v.

just downgraded the bios to 0702 from the latest version because it fails on the latest bios with any xmp profile.

tested with 1.4 with xmp I and still instant crash. xmp II on 0711 works ok for now

axiumone
Level 11
Whatever is in the code for the latest bios, it doesnt like the gskill 6000mhz modules.

axiumone wrote:
Whatever is in the code for the latest bios, it doesnt like the gskill 6000mhz modules.

Hello,

I’m using this kit on the Apex and have had up to 6600 working. If on the Apex I’d suggest using the Samsung profiles. MC VDD and SA CPU specific so tune these accordingly.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Can confirmÂ*F5-6000U3636E16GA2-TZ5RS works on the 0803 bios with XMP1, DRAM 1.35V, vdd vddq 1.3V. What’s the difference between GA2 and GX2? I have ROG-E motherboard and I think GX2 version is on the VQL list, but not GA2. I’m kind of afraid to update to the latest bios now…