cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG Falchion: can't update the firmware.

darkcg
Level 9
So today I've bough a new Falchion. I've connected the keyboard to the USB (the keyboard is charging right now) and started the Crate software. It detects a new firmware update but when I click on Update, a message appears asking to connect the keyboard to the USB or to a wireless dongle and to set it at 2.4Ghz in case of the wireless dongle or to "OFF" in the case of the USB cable. My keyboard is already set to OFF (through its switch, I don't know if this is what it's requesting). When I proceed, nothing happens.
The message that Crate shows is this (sorry I don't know how to change the language):

Any help?

Also, another strange thing is happening: now th e keyboard is fully charged, but the battery indicator is still blinking (the + sign is still blinking). Is this normal?

Thank you for the help.
31 REPLIES 31

xeromist
You must connect both the dongle and the keyboard via USB before a firmware update will proceed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You must connect both the dongle and the keyboard via USB before a firmware update will proceed.

Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciated. Inserting the dongle in one of my USB ports did the trick, the firmware started updating.
But if I re-check the available updates, the firmware update is still there. It's like the keyboard doesn't update to the recent version.

Any idea?

Anyone know the benefit/fix of this update? Any issues after the update?

darkcg wrote:
Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciated. Inserting the dongle in one of my USB ports did the trick, the firmware started updating.
But if I re-check the available updates, the firmware update is still there. It's like the keyboard doesn't update to the recent version.

Any idea?

I actually have the same issue. Though now I can't get the keyboard to allow me to control it through armory and the firmware update still wont go away. I have tried with both in when they are on and off, I have tried with only one in, and I tried with that dongle as the only asus item on my system. I cannot get it to update or get the update to go away.

Nate152
Hi Goblue,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I'm not sure what the update addresses but I'm not having any issues.

Click the pic to make it bigger

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Goblue,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I'm not sure what the update addresses but I'm not having any issues.

Click the pic to make it bigger

Hi Nate,

Thank you for the info. Â*

Hi!
What is your current keyboard version? (device > rogue falchion > firmware)

Nynive
Level 7
Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing several problems with my new keyboard and the worst one is that Armoury Crate can't update the firmware.
Asus support said me to return the keyboard to the seller, but I have the feeling this is a common problem and that a replacement won't solve it.

I know there is another thread about this, but the trick suggested in that one doesn't work for me (usb cable + dongle connected at the same time to the laptop).

My firmware version is 31.61.13 and the new one should be 32.11.16. Is there any way to install it manually?

About Aura, I have two keys whose leds are not working. I manually changed the layout from US to EU but this did not solve anything. By the way, I will face this problem after I managed to update the firmware, but in the meanwhile: is there someone like me?

Thanks everyone guys

Hi Nynive,

What happens when you try to update your ROG Falchion, do you get any error messages?

Here is a screenshot of the update center in Armoury Crate.

Click the pic to make it bigger.