cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 11 or Win 10?

theroc44
Level 9
Hey all just curious if anyone is running a win 10 to 11 upgrade? Any issues? I'm contemplating switching over to WIN 11.
I've read some people are having no issues and some are having a bunch. Just curious what my fellow Z690 brethren are doing?

5 REPLIES 5

RedSector73
Level 12
Windows 10 would be my recommendation. Nothing but issues, glitches, etc with Windows 11 I have found.

Seems to be normal MS OS cycle, good OS, next one is crap, next one is good, cycle.

theroc44
Level 9
Yeah I heard the same from my brother. He has constant crashes etc. with 3 or 4 games. The performance increase is nominal too in the games that do benefit. From what I read the increase is at lower rez setups. If your running 2k/4k I don't think it even makes an dent. But that's just speculation on my part based on what I've read and heard. Not to mention I've got a ton of games installed already, do I really want to upgrade? and risk a myriad of problems, at this point I can't find a reason to. Win 10 is stable for me, overclock and game wise. Obv the shiny new OS is the one of the reasons. But I think i'm just gonna hold off till they clear it up a bit.

Chainbold
Level 11
theroc44 wrote:
Hey all just curious if anyone is running a win 10 to 11 upgrade? Any issues? I'm contemplating switching over to WIN 11.
I've read some people are having no issues and some are having a bunch. Just curious what my fellow Z690 brethren are doing?

Windows 11 is my recommendation. Clean install though. Absolutely zero issue, perfect platform for a Z690 system. W11 installed each single device on my Rog Strix Z690-F out of the box, with the basic drivers that come with W11. W10 was nice and good, but its now history.

Performance wise, you are also better off with W11 - not much though (as shown here).

As of beginning of December, it was reported that there were still a few games that were not patched up for Windows 11 users. This should have been solved meanwhile.

Chainbold wrote:
Windows 11 is my recommendation. Clean install though. Absolutely zero issue, perfect platform for a Z690 system. W11 installed each single device on my Rog Strix Z690-F out of the box, with the basic drivers that come with W11. W10 was nice and good, but its now history.

Performance wise, you are also better off with W11 - not much though (as shown here).

As of beginning of December, it was reported that there were still a few games that were not patched up for Windows 11 users. This should have been solved meanwhile.

Yeah I'll be making a W11 installer USB over the next few days.....seems like gimping a new Z690 platform w 12900k by installing an old OS.
Clean install W11 here.

MachinaEx
Level 9
Interesting question! I decided to wait a while for the smaller issue to sort them self before I commit to Windows 11. I think that after at least 6 months (mostly by May of this year) I shall install Windows 11 and try it for myself, both clean install of course!