Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Z690 Extreme GPU Slot won't lock

    My GPU slot won't lock. It looks to be a defect with the new unlocking system. I tired returning it as it's defective but they blamed me for the issue and are now sending it back

    My question is will ASUS do the same and now charge me even more to fix a board that arrived defective? And if so how much more do I have to pay for this $1500 MB on top of what I've already paid.

  2. #2
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by OutSider420 View Post
    My GPU slot won't lock. It looks to be a defect with the new unlocking system. I tired returning it as it's defective but they blamed me for the issue and are now sending it back

    My question is will ASUS do the same and now charge me even more to fix a board that arrived defective? And if so how much more do I have to pay for this $1500 MB on top of what I've already paid.
    My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you'd like, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

    Product S/N:
    RMA #:
    Complete Shipping Address:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:

    My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by cl-Adrian@ROG View Post
    My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you'd like, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

    Product S/N:
    RMA #:
    Complete Shipping Address:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:

    My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:
    Email sent. Thanks for the help

  4. #4
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    This is happening to mine as well. Mine will not lock. For a board for over $1000.00 it should not have these issues.. When you push it all the way in it you should hear another "Click" right? thats basically the locking mechanism ? because it is not happening. Also, if i was to push the button to have it come out, it is not unclicking.

  5. #5
    Mastermind19 Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    124

    Hello Outsider420 and fpas1992,

    Did you get a chance to follow the steps:
    1. Press the button

    2. Insert the graphics card (please make sure that the gold fish tail bounces up after the installation. If the tail does not spring up, installation failed)

    3. Remove the graphics card to check whether it is properly installed

    4. If the graphics card cannot be removed, the installation is complete. If the graphics card can be removed, repeat the preceding steps
    See if it works! Thanks
    Last edited by thomas_yiu@ROG; 01-19-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    Sincerely,
    TY

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas_yiu@ROG View Post
    Hello Outsider420 and fpas1992,

    Did you get a chance to follow the steps:
    1. Press the button

    2. Insert the graphics card (please make sure that the gold fish tail bounces up after the installation. If the tail does not spring up, installation failed)

    3. Remove the graphics card to check whether it is properly installed

    4. If the graphics card cannot be removed, the installation is complete. If the graphics card can be removed, repeat the preceding steps
    See if it works! Thanks

    Yep done all those things. The slot just won't lock, I originally tried with an extension card just to see how the button worked and even then it wouldn't click into place and never locked.
    The other slot without the Q release works fine. The other just refuses to lock for any reason. Can manually push it back open, there is no locking click of any kind

    I'm hesitant to send it in for my RMA as I'm assuming ASUS will just blame me, void my warranty for future issues and make me pay to fix it. That is the common response to non working GPU locks as it's always assumed it's user error, while this time it's a design defect but knowing ASUS past when it comes to CS I have little faith I won't be blamed for this.

    I'm likely stuck having to go vertical with my GPU since I'm not really interested in paying to ship it back to ASUS only to be blamed for their defect

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    My concern is if I send in the MB *and ASUS blames me for the defect does that void my warranty for all future issues?

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Seems Asus has repaired my board and sending it back to me. Only sad part is it's sent economy Have to wait a few more days for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •