Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    66
    Posts
    1,675

    Hi Chinoka,
    May I have a photo of your 7 pins audio connectors?
    Thank you.

  2. #22
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Chinoka,
    May I have a photo of your 7 pins audio connectors?
    Thank you.
    Hi, I have the standard HD audio connector:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anKH30W (Small).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	93505

    Just for update, I've uninstalled all Realtek drivers and software (Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III, DTS) and left Windows install by itself the necessary drivers and the front panel works OK.

    So, I assume that the problem is on the Asus side (drivers or software).
    Last edited by Chinoka; 06-15-2022 at 12:25 PM.

  3. #23
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    66
    Posts
    1,675

    Hi Chinoka,
    Do you have any sound issue when it shows less than 20 ohms?
    Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset?
    May I have the following information?
    - the serial number of the motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS drive, PSU and pc case
    (Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6800U4040G16GX2-TZ5S.)
    - OS version and OS build
    - pictures or a video when it shows less than 20 ohms with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition in front port and it shows the correct impedance in rear port
    Thank you so much.

  4. #24
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Chinoka,
    Do you have any sound issue when it shows less than 20 ohms?
    Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset?
    May I have the following information?
    - the serial number of the motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS drive, PSU and pc case
    (Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6800U4040G16GX2-TZ5S.)
    - OS version and OS build
    - pictures or a video when it shows less than 20 ohms with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition in front port and it shows the correct impedance in rear port
    Thank you so much.
    Hi STARRAIN@ROG,
    Front:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-17 224125.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	93558

    Rear:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-19 091526.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	93559

    PSU: EVA Supernova 1000G2
    Case: Thermaltake Element S.

    Specs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-19 095306.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	93560

    Do you have any sound issue when it shows less than 20 ohms?

    Latest drivers 6.3.9600.2307 >>> YES, low volume and distorted on the front port.
    Windows default drivers >> NO
    This drivers >> NO
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...5xx-6xx-TRX40)

    Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset? >>>YES
    Last edited by Chinoka; 06-19-2022 at 01:18 PM.

  5. #25
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    66
    Posts
    1,675

    Hi Chinoka,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll consult our tech team more about this.

  6. #26
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    66
    Posts
    1,675

    Hi Chinoka,
    Could you please use ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release from our support site to update and check if the front audio issue is present with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307?
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    If the front audio issue is present, may I have the screenshots below?
    1. Audio FW:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audio fw.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	93813
    2. Audio Driver:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audio driver.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	93814
    Thank you.

  7. #27
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Chinoka,
    Could you please use ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release from our support site to update and check if the front audio issue is present with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307?
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    If the front audio issue is present, may I have the screenshots below?
    1. Audio FW:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audio fw.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	93813
    2. Audio Driver:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audio driver.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	93814
    Thank you.
    Sorry for the long delay. I've ditched the onboard sound card, I don't have time to be a beta tester.

    I finally have installed my old 10+ year old Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card and have zero issues, works as expected.

    Very disappointed with this.

    Best regards.

  8. #28
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    66
    Posts
    1,675

    Hi Chinoka,
    Our tech team tested headphone at hand and it had similar impedance sensing issue but the issue was gone after update ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307, so would like to check the FW version again.
    However, it is glad to see you have no issue with the sound card.
    Thank you.

  9. #29
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Chinoka,
    Our tech team tested headphone at hand and it had similar impedance sensing issue but the issue was gone after update ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307, so would like to check the FW version again.
    However, it is glad to see you have no issue with the sound card.
    Thank you.
    This was the first driver that I have installed on my motherboard and found the impedance sense issue, and then searching for a fix I've found this thread:

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...5xx-6xx-TRX40)

    and tested this releases and the issue is this there.

    Best regards.

  10. #30
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    I took the time to test it again. The issue is there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	94622

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	94623

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	94624

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •