Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

When

Somebody knows the date when the SLI/NVLink Support is going to be released for this motherboard?

ROG Member Array

Okay....

The Mobo doesn't need to go back for an out of line PCIe slot. To be quite frank, it would never have passed inspection from manufacture if it was.

So right now, I have no front panel Audio, USB or control wires; - HD LED, reset, Power on or Power LED. - The 2nd 1080 Ti lines up fine with my backplane.
    They were not allowing the 2nd 1080 Ti to seat correctly, despite being feathered nicely to avoid any issues as now experienced. I will be putting this on the workbench this weekend & pop all the barrels out of the plastic shrouds to hack them shorter. - The Audio & USB headers will have to whistle.
    Never having had issues on my Asus P8Z77-v Premium board with this event kinda explains itself. In Slots 1 & 3, they were not near the bottom edge of the board. When I went to slots 2 & 4 with 1080 Ti's for an NVMe device in the 4x top slot, the 2nd 1080 Ti was a whole slot further over, so the back of the 1080 Ti didn't foul with the Audio, USB or control wires. - Meh!

The current Bios should be editable. I have loaded into UEFI tool & can read it. - Just not entirely sure what area & values to edit.
    I might have a look at the Bios with UEFI Tool this weekend. Hacking it is one thing, but writing it will be another. - Could bring a whole new meaning to DIY. - (Destroy it yourself)
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 01-11-2022 at 03:55 PM.

ROG Member Array

The only update I have seen with a timeframe was on the ASUS PC DIY page on facebook....which said it was coming "this month"....I believe the main reason we do not have this yet is solely based on $$$$$...(just my guess) I assume there is a delta between Nvidia's license fee and what ASUS wants to pay....I just hope it gets resolved soon....It would seem that $800-$2000 motherboards would not have an issues with SLI licensing fees???

-M

ROG Member Array

Just spoke to the Supplier of the Mobo....

Tomorrow is the last day I can return this Mobo for a full refund. - Didn't get my Heat-Killer water block until Jan7th, so 14 day's expires tomorrow. (isn't it 28 days in the UK?)

So the suppliers Customer Services also waffled about this board not supporting SLI on Asus' website.

I didn't bother stating this board has a 6 pin PCIe connector to the side of the ATX header to provide 60W for Dual cards; (SLI/CrossFire) - Without this header, only 27W are on tap.

I'm sure Asus will honour the spec of this board when any unfinished business with nVidia/Asus SLI/NVlink Licensing takes place.

Meantime, I sit here hoping for an SLI capable Maximus Z690 Extreme much sooner rather than any time later....

I won't be attempting to hack my Bios without any working tutorial available.

New ROGer Array

Day 0 SLI certification

I don't understand, why a serious company as Asus cuold make a release of a very expensive product without the certifications and compliances that their mainstream users request... probably from each 3 ASUS Z690 Extreme's buyer, 2 almost do it for SLI (or NVLINK or wahtever)...

ROG Member Array

This is very strange.....

Both the Extreme & Apex versions of the ROG Series are no longer loading on the Asus Web site??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	91823

New ROGer Array

No news - bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    This is very strange.....

Both the Extreme & Apex versions of the ROG Series are no longer loading on the Asus Web site??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	91823
    Maybe a temporal error... now everything on without updates, changes or info about the SLI/NVLink support...

New ROGer Array

going to test this - NEW BIOS VERSION - let's check it

Version 1003
    2022/01/27 11.55 MBytes
    ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME BIOS 1003
    "01. Improve system performance and Window 11 OS stability.
    02. Update USB PD FW to 1.0F.
    03. Update Intel ME FW to 16.0.15.1620 V3
    04. Add Thunderbolt FW update method for onboard Thunderbolt models and ThunderboltEX 4 Card support models
    05. Update Intel microcode.
    06. Improve DRAM compatibility
    07. Change PCIe speed hotkey item from F9 to F6.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690E.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

New ROGer Array

going to RMA - The SLI problem persists

BIOS 1003 doesn't fix nothing, SLI (NVLINK) continues not working

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus Z690 Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2X6600C32
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #12TB Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD
    Storage #24TB Seagate FireCuda 120 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-Quantum Velocity2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Here you go!

Official SLI key was dropped yesterday, BIOS 1101.

Scroll down to post # 3,058,.. https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...94802/page-153

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast