cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g513qy AE liquid chamber screws size? (Blake help please :) )

MyRyzenWorld
Level 11
Following an in-house repasting of G513QY Advantage Edition (bought from BestBuy in US, but currently staying outside US so had to go in-house), one of the chamber screws with the springs on, got its head bit washed out, which makes it harder to screw it in.

I would like to get few spare screws if possible and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/20pcs-Spring-Screws-Graphics-Heatsink/dp/B08C9VWKGY/ref=sr_1_13?crid=21DGLNDJ...

I googled and found this photo:

https://preview.redd.it/3wykjpttgo281.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&5dcc05a9

These are the screws I need.....

Could you please check with your team/engineers, which exact screws I need to have the proper sized screws so I could replace if I want to, the washed out one.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Can you specify the location that you need the screw?
The second link you shared can not be opened.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
Can you specify the location that you need the screw?
The second link you shared can not be opened.
Thank you.

Hey Blake,

The cooling chamber has 8 equal screws, 4 around CPU and 4 around GPU, these 8 screws with springs on them.

These are the screws I am looking to buy.

Photo: https://prnt.sc/25ywa40

Thanks!

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Not a good news for you.
The screw, together with the cooling chamber is a special module designed only for this QY model.
The screw can not be completely separated from the chamber cover or they might breaking one another.
We don't suggest to replace the screw by yourself. We are replacing the whole module all together when repairing in the service center.
So you can consider as this screw is customized product and can not be found on retail market.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
Not a good news for you.
The screw, together with the cooling chamber is a special module designed only for this QY model.
The screw can not be completely separated from the chamber cover or they might breaking one another.
We don't suggest to replace the screw by yourself. We are replacing the whole module all together when repairing in the service center.
So you can consider as this screw is customized product and can not be found on retail market.
Thank you.

Hello Blake,

Some update as I kept digging from my side as well,

1. The screws are indeed detachable (I detached them all) from cooling chamber.

2. Screw specs SCREW 40*40*1.2 mm SPRING D=0.5 mm (confirmed with Asus engineers)

Now i need find those screws in the market 🙂

3. Can you tell how much would cost a new cooling chamber unit? If I ever wanted buy one.

Thanks sir !

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Who told you that....
The QY model is having different spec than other G513Q model.
It is true that other G513Q model have the screws that can be bought on the market.
Just double confirm that "ASUS engineer" that you are really getting the right spec for your QY model.
And if you are lucky enough to detach the screw yourself, then good luck! Go ahead if you want.
We do not sell that cooling chamber.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
Who told you that....
The QY model is having different spec than other G513Q model.
It is true that other G513Q model have the screws that can be bought on the market.
Just double confirm that "ASUS engineer" that you are really getting the right spec for your QY model.
And if you are lucky enough to detach the screw yourself, then good luck! Go ahead if you want.
We do not sell that cooling chamber.
Thank you.

Hey,

Detach screws wasn't a big deal, all I had to do is remove the tiny washers that kept screws inside chamber. Only challenge is find new screws in the market 🙂

Thanks for your help Blake and happy new year!

rat445533
Level 7
dude i losen one screw a little and he went flying to narnia, i found him on my closet but not the spring i think the spring is cis , i wish asus do a better LM job nextime and a better thermal goo usage os mosfet and chokes, so we dont have to.