cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 2403 Update

Yuniel
Level 10
Hello guys , few days ago asus release bios update version for maximus xii formula z490 bios version 2403
i update today , after the bios update the PC turn off and turn on back atumatically and then restart and come back and then display
this

and i press F1 and i have to set back all my configuration beacuse the update set all default , i disable armour crate download , set fans curves of the case, enable xmp 1 for ram run 3600 , turn off all the rgb of motherboard and the PTT is enable by default
i running my PC fews hours and no problem i restart it turn off and tur on manually , unpluged pluged back and no boot loop

but i using the intel ME i think the old version the one recommened asus maximus xii formula Version 14.1.53.1649V1.1
2021/06/10 "i say recommended beacuse is the lastest asus give for download on the official firmware of the motherboard"

probably there more new update of firmware intel ME , but i use a tool of intel and say my system is not vulnerable using the version
4 REPLIES 4

Yuniel
Level 10
a question in the first picture the F1 is for normal settup no OC and the F3 is if you going to OC right ?
i hope i made the good decision to press f1 , beacuse i never do OC

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
You can press F1 or F3, it doesn't matter if you are going to set things manually in the BIOS. No magic. F1 sets BIOS settings for Intel default, F3 for overclocking, but you can change any of the settings to do whatever you want, they are just starting places.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

kvarq
Level 11
Gave a try to the "newest" Z490 bios, 2403, which has been released as beta since october 2021, and uploaded as official on Asus's website months later. Typical Asus.
2x16 DDR4 @4000MHz+ is a miss using 10th, but this was in a way expected, as the highly incompetent Asus "tehcnicians" broke the stuff focusing on the crappy Rocket Lake.

The most annoying thing is that the TPM option stays always ON, even if is set off, after restart saving the choice of this feature is purely ignored, the TPM is on again.
Why it was decided that this option should be on all the time?

I don't think this bios "improves system performance and compatibility, system stability, and DRAM compatibility" as advertised, at least not for 10th I guess...
It's just FUBAR for 10th.
EC and Firmware updated.
I think I'll go back to 1003, since the incompetent Asus "technicians" seem to NOT care at ALL about CML anymore, as Z490 was intended to work with.

1003 vs 2403

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
The latest officially released BIOS is 2404. It does not have the issue with the TPM.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case