cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know it's a hardware but I'm inquiring what other types of PC gaming reccomended...

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
I'm wondering if what types of PC gaming is recommended for R4E...? I know it's usually GPU and DDR3 thats the issues and I don't exactly have a sound card installed to my R4E... I'm pretty much relying it on the motherboard for ethernet and sound built in... Or do I require to install a sound card? I was looking a few but meh... I had to cut the budget down so I couldn't purchase sound card or ethernet card adapter... I figured the R4E motherboard is included... but I prefer R4E then the Crosshair V Formula... it's too bad Asus do not sell Thunderbolt seperately and can be installed on a R4E for hybrid combo of sound/ethernet connection....

I enjoy Final Fantasy Online but I wanted to try FF13 or FF14... I just input my signiture... so please let me know... I prefer RPG type or strategy games but not the shooting types...
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not really sure what it is you are asking about games - you can play anything with that set up mate. No game will hold you back from a CPU platform.

As to the sound and LAN you are good to go. The onboard sound and Lan is good and there is no need to buy a third party card. Not a fan of the Thunderbolt by the way. I tossed mine out when I got the CHV board. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you for the info... I'm not sure what to expect... since I had a choice of issue if I should go with Crosshair V formula or Rampage 4 Extreme... the thing that peaked my interested was Rampage 4 Extreme and i7-3960X and Crosshair V Formula /thunderbolt and AMD 8150X and the difference from this website is that R4E is more for graphics (3D) while Crosshair V formula would increase the speed of online play that would lower the latency with sound/ethernet with thunderbolt...

Really? Hmmm... I admit 8 core looked sweet but I didn't want to purchase a 12 core server xeon or Optiron... But which CPU should I switch if I do incase a Server modification... it did say the R4E can use Xeon processor? Although is this forum supports Mac OS Lion? Or older Mac OS? I know R4E is new so I'm not sure if it's also good for (what ppl call hackintosh...)

I havent exactly installed any so I'm trying to figure out what other alternative built if it incase R4E can be converted to a server PC later on... I mean with more SATA available then my old Asus P5N-D PC in 2006-2007 I see why I choose R4E it's just that i7-3960X is quite expensive atm...
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000