cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot re-install Asus Armoury Crate and all other Asus utilities once uninstalled

74lobster
Level 10
Hi, I type from Italy and I own a mobo ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO with installed the last bios version: 1202.

I use Windows 11 Professional (stable release version 22000.376 - Windows Features Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0) and some time ago I had installed without any problems all these ASUS programs:

- ASUS Armoury Crate & Aura Creator

- ASUS AI Suite 3 V3.01.10 For Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 V2.00.92 for Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS EZ Update V3.00.16 for Windows 11 64-bit
- ASUS System Information V2.00.19 for Windows 11 64-bit

Today I have uninstalled all these programs with their uninstaller tools, but now I cannot re-install neither one of them.

Each time I try to launch a setup of an ASUS program (for example, Aura Creator installer, or any other ASUS setup program) the installation stops with this error:

"An error occurred while launching the setup.
The remote procedure call failed"

So now I am not able anymore to install all the programs listed up.

I have searched all the possibly solutions on Google, I cleaned also the Windows 11 register with Ccleaner, but no way: ever the same error message appears.

Could someone please help me to fix this issue and install all these programs again ?

I attach also a screenshot of the error.

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
7 REPLIES 7

bkg2018
Level 7
Hello, I have a similar problem since about two weeks on a configuration which was working fine since about one year.

My setup is:

• ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
  • GSkill TridentZ RGB RAM (8x8GB)
  • Corsair RGB LL fans
  • Corsair pump and CPU block and watercooling
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

It took me quite a while to setup everything at first, as Armoury Crate was not very reliable and regularly crashed in the lighting service or armoury crate internals at boot time. But in the end, I had Armoury Crate and Corsair's iCue 4 working fine: it controlled my Live Dash motherboard OLED display, the RGB motherboard devices and RAM RGB, while iCue was working fine with it's own RGB stuff.

All this worked correctly since about March 2021.

But then I did an update near December end, and problems started:

• Armoury Crate crashing randomly at boot, visible in windows reliablility report
  • Armoury Crate unable to see the mother board as a device, although is sees the GSkill RAM
  • Therefore,no Live Dash OLED control, no motherboard RGB control in the Aura Sync panel
  • RAM is listed in Aura Sync panel, but it doesn't work
  • problems trying to uninstall and reinstall: error message boxes naming AsIO.sys or AsIO3.sys, installation taking much longer than it did one year ago, sometimes not even ending and freezing on inital Armoury Crate screen

I was not ready for this: although I had noticed that Armoury Crate starts a lot of services and processes for something I just want to use for RGB control, at least it was working. I didn't use Aura Creator because I noticed all the animated designs had a handle allocation bug which was gobling Windows Resources over time - this can be seen with Microsoft Process Explorer tools from SysInternals. or at least, it was when I saw it in March or April 2020.

Right now, I have chosen the most radical solution: I uninstalled Armoury Crate and gave up for motherboard RGB and live Dash control. For RAM, I use GSkill lighting control software which is a little buggy (1 of the 8 RAM sticks is not synced with the 7 others) but at least can control my RAM RGB.

Hope this will be fixed soon. I'm not a great fan of Armoury Crate which imposes a lot of useless services but I'd like to get back my live dash and motherboard rgb control.

bkg2018 wrote:
Hello, I have a similar problem since about two weeks on a configuration which was working fine since about one year.

My setup is:

• ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
  • GSkill TridentZ RGB RAM (8x8GB)
  • Corsair RGB LL fans
  • Corsair pump and CPU block and watercooling
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

It took me quite a while to setup everything at first, as Armoury Crate was not very reliable and regularly crashed in the lighting service or armoury crate internals at boot time. But in the end, I had Armoury Crate and Corsair's iCue 4 working fine: it controlled my Live Dash motherboard OLED display, the RGB motherboard devices and RAM RGB, while iCue was working fine with it's own RGB stuff.

All this worked correctly since about March 2021.

But then I did an update near December end, and problems started:

• Armoury Crate crashing randomly at boot, visible in windows reliablility report
  • Armoury Crate unable to see the mother board as a device, although is sees the GSkill RAM
  • Therefore,no Live Dash OLED control, no motherboard RGB control in the Aura Sync panel
  • RAM is listed in Aura Sync panel, but it doesn't work
  • problems trying to uninstall and reinstall: error message boxes naming AsIO.sys or AsIO3.sys, installation taking much longer than it did one year ago, sometimes not even ending and freezing on inital Armoury Crate screen

I was not ready for this: although I had noticed that Armoury Crate starts a lot of services and processes for something I just want to use for RGB control, at least it was working. I didn't use Aura Creator because I noticed all the animated designs had a handle allocation bug which was gobling Windows Resources over time - this can be seen with Microsoft Process Explorer tools from SysInternals. or at least, it was when I saw it in March or April 2020.

Right now, I have chosen the most radical solution: I uninstalled Armoury Crate and gave up for motherboard RGB and live Dash control. For RAM, I use GSkill lighting control software which is a little buggy (1 of the 8 RAM sticks is not synced with the 7 others) but at least can control my RAM RGB.

Hope this will be fixed soon. I'm not a great fan of Armoury Crate which imposes a lot of useless services but I'd like to get back my live dash and motherboard rgb control.

Thanks a lot for the advices.
74lobster

Jimbo93
Level 12
Hello 74lobster, sorry to hear the reinstall is not working. Based on your description it may be difficult but not impossible to get it working. Please consider looking at the thread in Armoury crate forum called jimbos uninstall procedure. It explains some of the problems that can happen and how to resolve. After that consider whether to follow some part or parts of that or to reinstall Windows. I gladly help if you have questions.

74lobster
Level 10
Hi Jimbo93, could you please link me the thread you are talking about?

Anyway I also opened a ticket to Asus...

Thanks a lot.
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Hi Jimbo93, could you please link me the thread you are talking about?

Anyway I also opened a ticket to Asus...

Thanks a lot.

Here it is: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

Jimbo93 wrote:
Here it is: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

Hi, I tried all the solutions you suggested, but the issue remains ever the same...

I forgot to tell you that I have a mobo ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO with the last bios version; 1202 installed.

Do some difference ?
74lobster

Would be great to see the Prime Z490-P get added, I find it somewhat odd that there's virtually 0 posts on the entire forum regarding the Prime Z490-P and it makes me wonder if it's just a terrible board overall or something . I originally had a nightmare trying to figure out the point of Armory Crate as it doesn't appear to offer really any features for the Z490-P except adding an large amount of uneeded asus services running in the background.

; have been unable to solve my low cpu & low gpu usage in BF2042, even after a full reformat. Although so far even very intense 3dmark stress tests appear to never drop below what others report for my hardware. (Win11 + 10700kf + 3080 ti + 16gb 3200 16-18-18-38) Ensured VBS is disabled, VTx-d + Virt both disabled in bios. hwinfo64 doesn't ever report any kind of limiter being engaged either. What I find upsetting is that many others with similar or even lower end hardware report 100% gpu usage and 50-100% cpu usage + supposedly 200fps. While I never see above 30% cpu usage and gpu usage is 20-50%. barely breaking 70-100fps.