cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Audio Question

Boc3phus
Level 7
My old headset quit on me. HyperX Revolve. I bought the new one, which happens to be USB. Did I make a huge mistake? Non of my sonic studio programs recognize my headset although they do work (Rather Crappy) in windows. I'm assuming I just can't install the Realtek USB audio drivers. DO I just have to buy a new analog headset?

Please advise and thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

If your headphone is connected via USB, it means that it uses its own DSP, so it is normal that you do not see your headphone in Sonic Studio II app (Only Sonic Studio III app via the Sonic Studio Link feature, can apply the SS3 effects on USB, HDMI, BT audio devices).

So if you want to use your new headphone (HyperX Cloud Revolver S) with Sonic Studio II app, you will need to connect your new headphone via 3.5mm jack.

In order to better understand the solutions available to you, you must take into account these connection diagrams of your old headphones and your new headphones :

HyperX Cloud Revolver : Headphone 3.5mm jack (4 pole) plug > Audio Control Box 3.5mm jack (4 pole) :

- 3.5mm jack (3 pole) stereo plug (green) > PC 3.5mm jack (3 pole) stereo (green)
- 3.5mm jack (3 pole) mic plug (pink) > PC 3.5mm jack (3 pole) mic (pink)

HyperX Cloud Revolver S : Headphone 3.5mm jack (4 pole) plug > USB Audio Control Box 3.5mm jack (4 pole) > PC USB

So in order to connect your new HyperX Cloud Revolver S headphone via 3.5mm jack, you will need to use your Audio Control Box from your old HyperX Cloud Revolver headphone if you still have it, otherwise you will need to get 3.5mm jack (4 pole) to 3.5mm jack (3 pole) stereo plug (green) & 3.5mm jack (3 pole) mic plug (pink) splitter adapter (For example : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091N52J6L)