cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog GT-AC5300 no 2.4GHZ

ronroland
Level 7
I just picked up an Asus Rog GT-AC5300.It was lightly used but for 6 months and the guy moved and lost the power supply anyway i took a gamble and bought it and ordered a power supply and it worked perfect reset it went through the setup and all seemed perfect but for some reason i got no 2.4 ghz connection the other 2 5ghz connections show up but the 2.4 doesnt even if i try to manually connect to it.Its not checked hidden and the 2.4ghz light is lit up but still no go.I even tried naming it a different name and password still nothing.I tried another reset i also tried enabling smart connect still no go.The guy who had it said all three worked fine for him he just moved in with a freind and no longer needed it.Any help would be appreciated i got a couple of tablets etc that require 2.4ghz so i really need it working thanks for any help
8 REPLIES 8

ronroland
Level 7
anyone have any idea im kind of stuck never had this issue with any other asus router

ahfoo
Level 13
Can you check if your 2.4GHz radio did actually turn on. On the wireless page, choose professional tab to see the status of your 2.4GHz radio.

sorry i should have mentioned that in the description yes it is enabled

ronroland wrote:
sorry i should have mentioned that in the description yes it is enabled

Hi mate, last thing you need to do to hard rest your router. If that still not working. I supposed the router faulty.

i reset the router tonight and set it all back up now i have no wifi and my 2.4ghz light is out not sure what to do

ronroland wrote:
i reset the router tonight and set it all back up now i have no wifi and my 2.4ghz light is out not sure what to do

If performing a hard reset was unable to resolve your problem, I do supposed your unit was faulty. If it still under warranty, bring it to Asus authorize distributor where your location is.

not under warrenty i checked it wasnt used long but it was packed away for a while but it is a shame that such an expensive router would go so soon.I had asus routers for years and they were still working fine i would expect one this expensive to last much longer but anyway thank you i appreciate the help hooked up my old reliable N66u for now

ronroland wrote:
not under warrenty i checked it wasnt used long but it was packed away for a while but it is a shame that such an expensive router would go so soon.I had asus routers for years and they were still working fine i would expect one this expensive to last much longer but anyway thank you i appreciate the help hooked up my old reliable N66u for now

Sorry to hear that. I do feel your anger over it. Yes an answer for a high end router should not be easily brick. But it do happened sometimes when I bought my RT AC5300, It worked well for the first day but failed me the second day. I do suggest you bring in to your nearest Asus Distributor or service center to request for a solution. Good luck mate.