cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070 ti (OC Edition) - Thermal Throttling? Faulty Card?

vcore
Level 8
Specs:
- 12900K w/ 360 AIO (stock)
- ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING O.C RTX 3070 ti (stock)
- 2x16GB DDR5 @ 4800mhz (CL40)
- Corsair HX1000 psu (multi rail enabled)

I recently bought the ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING OC RTX 3070 ti and noticed an issue while playing the game Warzone. In HWInfo it showed that the gpu thermal limit maximum = yes. The max gpu temperatures reached 65-69C and it was already thermal throttling?

I also tried testing with 3DMark Time Spy benchmark and the gpu temperatures reached 70C but did not trigger the thermal throttle. I wasn’t able to do further testing since it was late.

Question is why am I getting thermal throttled at 65C-69C while playing Warzone? It hasn’t even reached the 83C limit yet.

Anyone experienced the same issue know what is wrong? Is my gpu faulty? How do I fix it? Kind of disappointed that this is happening on a new graphics card.
2 REPLIES 2

daykeem
Level 7
Sounds like that software is garbage. Try GPU-Z by Tech Powerup.
Also, look at your GPU clocks and Frame Rate to see if you're actually throttling.

ahfoo
Level 13
vcore wrote:
Specs:
- 12900K w/ 360 AIO (stock)
- ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING O.C RTX 3070 ti (stock)
- 2x16GB DDR5 @ 4800mhz (CL40)
- Corsair HX1000 psu (multi rail enabled)

I recently bought the ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING OC RTX 3070 ti and noticed an issue while playing the game Warzone. In HWInfo it showed that the gpu thermal limit maximum = yes. The max gpu temperatures reached 65-69C and it was already thermal throttling?

I also tried testing with 3DMark Time Spy benchmark and the gpu temperatures reached 70C but did not trigger the thermal throttle. I wasn’t able to do further testing since it was late.

Question is why am I getting thermal throttled at 65C-69C while playing Warzone? It hasn’t even reached the 83C limit yet.

Anyone experienced the same issue know what is wrong? Is my gpu faulty? How do I fix it? Kind of disappointed that this is happening on a new graphics card.

Excuse me if I ask,. How you determine there is a thermal throttle with your card?