cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Laptop not turning on

SaamJourabchi
Level 7
Hi. I started having some issues with my laptop where the screen would flicker, go black or only work when I held the display in certain positions. I tried all the software fixes so was sure it was a hardware issue. My warranty expired, and I have experience with the insides of computers, so I thought to open it us and unplug and replug the eDP cable myself. I opened it, unplugged the battery to be safe then unplugged and ruplugged the eDP cable. I screwed everything back but now my laptop won't turn on. Considering I didn't touch much, the issue has to be with the battery right? I keep unplugging and replugging it with no result. The laptop doesn't turn on or charge at all. I can't see how I could've broken it, but it seems I did? Any help would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

theandies
Level 7
If you had power before you disconnected the battery and now you don't there has to be something wrong with the battery connection IMO. Good luck, It sucks when stuff breaks.

Hello, I had this problem before, when you disconnect the computer and remove the battery, the bios battery is discharged, so take out the bios battery, wait 1 minute and put it back in, the problem will be fixed.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Take out the flat round battery for 10-minutes. This will basically reset anything in EPROM (Firmware/BIOS memory).