cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG KERIS WIRELESS Firmware update issue.

Retry
Level 8
ROG KERIS WIRELESS Firmware update doesn't work.
Armoury crate: 5.0.11.0
MY Firmware; 11.11.12
Amoury Crate shows me a new Firmware v.11.31.15 date: 5/31/2021
If I click 'Update' button two pop up introduction come out. Yes I know how this works.
Then nothing happens. It doesn't update firmware. I can't even see the firmware update process.

I did
1. reinstall Amoury crate.
2. reset a mouse.
3. connect wired and wireless mode.
4. tried with other PCs but same result.

I know this mouse is a trash.
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Retry,

Sorry to hear you're having issues updating your ROG Keris, I'll try and help you get it updated.

Before trying some things....

1) What two pop up messages do you get when updating your ROG Keris?

2) When you uninstalled Armoury Crate, did you use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool?

I was using the ROG Chakram Core and am currently using the ROG Spatha X and haven't had any problems.

Here is a screenshot of my update center in Armoury Crate.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Retry,

Sorry to hear you're having issues updating your ROG Keris, I'll try and help you get it updated.

Before trying some things....

1) What two pop up messages do you get when updating your ROG Keris?

2) When you uninstalled Armoury Crate, did you use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool?

I was using the ROG Chakram Core and am currently using the ROG Spatha X and haven't had any problems.

Here is a screenshot of my update center in Armoury Crate.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

MY motherboard is ROG APEX. I thought it was a kind of confliction between my motherboard and mouse. But it was not.
Anyway...

1. Two pop up were talking about connect a receiver and cable something.
2. Yes I did.
3. I've fixed it with a lot of works such as removing rest of file after uninstalling, registry edit something like that.
4. But there were still a lot of files, services, processes left.
5. I removed and killed them all.
6. After then, Amoury Crate doesn't install Start Menu Icon whenever I reinstall Amoury Crate.

I solved this issue with reinstalling my Windows. I don't atually use Amoury Crate. Because it creates a lot of issues like other users have.
How one software installs over 10 softwares without any option to select? And how one software installs over 20 background processes?
Only Amoury Crate does.

Do you know Rog Keris Wireless has a Wheel noise and durability issue? It's a hardware design flaw.
I will show you what is the problem.

Hardware design flaw: the red circle part makes creak noise(fricative noise). I fixed it with tiny amount of grease(Super Lube). A lot of user are replacing ROG KERIS because of that noise. The replacing mouse is useless because it happens again. Also a white plastic stick is too long. They don't even know what's going on. They just request a replacement with their warranty.

Durability: This part's durability is too low. It happens in a month or months.
A lot of users are having following abnormal issues
1. scrolling is jumping
2. scrolling goes to the opposite
3. scrolling is stopped.
I got a replacement because of above issue recently. It was happened in a month.
My friend got a refund because of above issue. It was happened in a month too.

I don't think ASUS will fix these problems. They never listen to user's complain. They don't even know why a lot of customers never buy ASUS mice.
Gladius mice: the top of the mouse is too fat. So a lot of users resell or don't use it.

Nate152
Thank you for reporting you were able to update your ROG Keris by reinstalling windows and Armoury Crate. If you give it a chance, Armoury Crate is very good and is needed to control, sync and update your ROG gear. You can monitor the battery level and charging status and when to put it to sleep. With Aura Creator you can create unique lighting effects. You can have RGB wallpapers too.

The squeaking looks to be friction from the long white stick and the scroll click button, fixing it with a little lube shows you have some pc wits.

I can usually adapt to any style of mouse. The Gladius and Spatha seem to be more suited for the palm grip style where the Chakram Core works well with the claw or finger tip grip.

Asus does take product feedback seriously, your feedback is important for addressing issues such as yours with the scroll wheel. If you really want to be heard, you could post something in the Product Feedback section.

I will suggest to try Armoury Crate for a while, I think you'll like it once you get more familiar with it.

Do you have any other ROG Gear besides the Keris and Apex?

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you for reporting you were able to update your ROG Keris by reinstalling windows and Armoury Crate. If you give it a chance, Armoury Crate is very good and is needed to control, sync and update your ROG gear. You can monitor the battery level and charging status and when to put it to sleep. With Aura Creator you can create unique lighting effects. You can have RGB wallpapers too.

The squeaking looks to be friction from the long white stick and the scroll click button, fixing it with a little lube shows you have some pc wits.

I can usually adapt to any style of mouse. The Gladius and Spatha seem to be more suited for the palm grip style where the Chakram Core works well with the claw or finger tip grip.

Asus does take product feedback seriously, your feedback is important for addressing issues such as yours with the scroll wheel. If you really want to be heard, you could post something in the Product Feedback section.

I will suggest to try Armoury Crate for a while, I think you'll like it once you get more familiar with it.

Do you have any other ROG Gear besides the Keris and Apex?

Thank you for your kind respond.
I usually install Armoury Crate only for setup mouse options. Then I uninstall it. Because I don't like it at all. I have a lot of ROG series, motherboards, mice and other stuff.

Nate152
You're welcome,

This sort of reminds me of the saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". Just like I can't make you use Armoury Crate if you don't want to but, you're missing out on a big part of the ROG experience by not using it.

Are you sure I can't talk you into trying it? If you have any questions at all you can ask here or in the Armoury Crate section of the forum.

Here are two of the Aura wallpapers, it's a neat effect for a desktop background.

JBM
Level 7
Hi

I have the same problem, brand new Keris Wireless mouse but armoury crate will not update the firmware keeps coming back with error code 12 (sorry we cannot finish installation please restart system and try again).

I have

Rebooted several times

Connected wired and wireless mode

Uninstalled armoury crate using the uninstall tool

Re-installed armoury crate

Other updates have worked without error.

cekeu
Level 12
Try plugging it into another USB port and plugging the wireless dongle into a front usb port on the pc.
this is how i was able to update mine chakram x

Nate152
Hi JBM

As cekeu pointed out, connect the usb-c cable to your ROG Keris and a usb port, set the switch to 2.4GHz wireless mode, insert the dongle into a usb port.

Try the update in Armoury Crate.

Derrek1
Level 7

After updating the firmware of my Keris my mouse feels floaty. How do I rollback firmware on my Keris wireless?