cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Notebook Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
39 REPLIES 39

TheDon4299
Level 8
ASUS Flow Z13 is almost my perfect dream machine.

All I would really want at this point is support for dual double-sided 2280 SSDs, and upgradeable RAM. The thickness may have to increase a bit, but I can take additional battery life alongside that.

Optionally, the entire motherboard could be swappable as well, like the Framework laptop, but I know at that point this computer would be viewed as an absolute fantasy.

Before anyone else comments, I know the first two requests sound a little ridiculous as well, but people also thought the same for upgradeable SSDs not being possible in tablets as well and look where we are today.

If the RAM sticks at the current compact laptop size are not small enough, perhaps the industry should work on a smaller, more compact standard that helps retain that degree of upgradeability.*

TheDon4299 wrote:
If the RAM sticks at the current compact laptop size are not small enough, perhaps the industry should work on a smaller, more compact standard that helps retain that degree of upgradeability.*

I just wanted to add that if ASUS were to make a new standard for smaller, more compact RAM sticks that are easily replaceable like the RAM sticks in the currently-available higher-end laptops, it should not be a proprietary standard exclusive to ASUS products. It should be an open standard that all other manufacturers can take advantage of without restriction. Closed, proprietary standards can be easily killed off when relying on a single brand/company, and when not supported by the rest of the industry.

And again, I know this is a difficult ask, but I'd love to see this standard come to the next iteration of ASUS's Flow Z13 gaming tablet, among the other feedback I have suggested. Also allowing for 2280-size SSDs and a swappable motherboard could make for a very favourable product and a highly-reviewed one by iFixit when combined with this proposed upgradeable RAM standard. Modularity is awesome and reduces e-waste while at the same time, fosters the growth of a new product ecosystem for ASUS that incentivizes consumers to continue engaging with the ASUS ROG brand in other ways, leading to more sales and more word-of-mouth.

Nietsab
Level 7
Hi,

provide a new bios release with advanced APM configuration with Power On by WOL

Regards

mattpunx90
Level 8
1) fix overheating issues or allow better undervolting controls in bios/improve cooling in laptops (A15 cooling was a miss, and most models runs terrible hot and throttles without undervolting)

2) improve hardware quality control (several laptops had faulty speakers causing volume fluctuation and vibrations within chasis or other faulty components right from factory)

3) keep good quality speakers allowing loud and bass rich sound (a main fault in mostly all laptops from any brand. Low volume, no bass)

4) fix "global" warranty range (some countries does has an Asus Tech representative center but global warranty does not cover them leaving consumers helpless with their devices)

5) improve Tech Support and Client Attention quality (people complains about it not being helpful at all several times, being evasive, or basically useless, and not showing any real
interest in helping people sort out their issues or solve'em. Companies live out their consumers, not caring about them or showing care is unacceptable)

6) improve software quality in general (Armoury Crate had so many fails, people ended up hating it or plain uninstaling it. Refresh rate button disabling itself for no reason, forcing to reinstall it to get it back. AuraSync malfunctioning, even causing keyboard to be unresponsive now and then or not keeping RGB settings properly. Wi Fi working with one driver only and not as it's best in some cases, etc)

7) dim RGB not bright enough in keyboards or fainted colours

mattpunx90 wrote:
allow better undervolting controls

I don't want to start a discussion but I think it's worth mentioning (for those that don't know) that since the Plundervolt vulnerability was published undervolting has been removed from many devices and won't return. Perhaps future devices might have it again if it can be done safely.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Praxis123
Level 7
Please allow a function lock capability on this machine. So far I really love my Z13 but not having a way to lock the function keys to use them without holding down the fn button is a pretty serious oversight.

A BIOS feature allowing you to choose discrete or dynamic graphics would be awesome?

Hi all,

Having just become a proud owner of a Z13 & an XG mobile (RTX3080 version) I do love it, but there's some minor gripes:

1. This level of high performance tablet needs 32Gb of RAM or at the absolute very least an option to upgrade to 32Gb. As both a gaming & work horse device I'm idling at 65 to 75 percent memory used!

2. The only 'standard' USB port (on the RHS) is USB2.o only....seriously? Should be USB3.X!

3. Microphone array: the mics appear to pick up a lot of fan noise, the only work around is to use the Asus two-way noise cancellation however this can't be used at the same time as the microphone 'mode' (this appears to let you configure the mic' array).

Aside from the above somewhat minor gripes I LOVE this device, I also own a GX551QS (ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE) which is also awesome (it has 32Gb as shipped) but it's just to large to travel with (I travel a lot).

Add ethernet to the Flow X16 and I will buy one RIGHT AWAY.

Other optional improvements I would like to see:

-support for Thunderbolt 4 (maybe offer both Intel and AMD variants of the X16?)
-expand the microSD slot to full-size SD for content creators
-*maybe* add a second SSD slot if there is room to allow for itÂ*