cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Router Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
50 REPLIES 50

HBRAFOR
Level 7
As seen on these threads, Asus routers and laptops have serious issues with WiFi connectivity (amongst other things). The company really needs to respond to the community with optimal settings, and active support to release a stable firmware. Releasing patches without community engagement is not good enough, and as seen, only creates more frustration. What are optimal settings for gamers, normal home users, combination of both? Why are Asus routers disconnecting alongside competitive brands that do not. What firmware versions are stable so that users can downgrade until issues are fixed?

t least with this information, the community will stay loyal. We need pro-active support on reported problems.

Short 1: Usefull diagnostic tools
Long 1: I have been fighting AiMesh connectivity for quite a while and it gets slightly better or slightly worse with each firmware. Build in some better diagnostic tools than the link is good or the link is bad. All of my problem occurred while the AiMesh connection quality was "great" which isn't great.

Short 2:More Guest Network configurations and vlan control
Long 2: Guest network is supposed to create a segregated LAN, but in practice i am still able to get data to and from the 'isolated' clients from the primary lan. It would be incredible if we could also assign the guest wifi to a wired port and make it a real guest network instead of just guest wifi. Otherwise, rebrand to guest wifi to make the expectation meet reality.

Short 3: Respond to log submission
Long 3: Please, at least acknowledge that i have gathered and submitted data to try and make the problems better.

+1 to more guest wifi advanced configurations. Adding guest isolation as configurable should be simple in hostapd to modify ap_isolate in the additional WLAN config.

I would love to see the ability to create additional VLAN bridges from the UI to further segregate network traffic. This could span LAN+WLAN networks, but minimum it would be great to enhance WLAN for VLAN tagging on all networks for an additional level segregation. As bridging is already used on the interfaces, this would not be too difficult to enhance.

I have not had issues with AiMesh on newly purchased Zenwifi XD6's outside of initial sync issues which was distance of devices from each other. These devices are set to AP mode / AiMesh router mode. The roaming is working as expected and the range on both channels is great, including switch from 5ghz to 2.4 when signal strength drops off between walls and exterior walls.

Â*

mustangtom
Level 7
1: Viewing of System Log and Wireless Log only shows the logs from the router, nothing is visible from any AiMesh nodes.

2: Hide SSID WPA-PSK key on the WebUI, it could be filled with ********* until revealed by either clicking on or mouseover. That way it does not appear in screenshots.

3. Add more icons for common IoT devices, such as smart thermostats, smart garage door openers, ceiling fans, solar panels, etc. Also add other media devices such as FireTV, Roku, sound bars, etc.

The 4 one Gbps LAN ports could be improved to 2.5 Gbps.
AXE-11000 USB ports are both labelled 3.2, but the AXE-16000 has one 2.0 and one 3.0. I would hope they could both stay 3.2. Why downgrade from the previous top of the line version?

ddebacker
Level 7
I'd like to get VPN FUSION on my newly purchased RT-AX89X or even better BUILD a router that has Wifi6(e) support with 8 LAN ports and VPN FUSION available.

I don't get why you guys are not selling on with those features. It's an either or where you have to choose between have 8 LAN ports and VPN FUSION. WHY OH WHY ???

420Assassin
Level 9
built in iperf server to test wifi and wired transfer rates locally.

Indigian
Level 10
Basically the from/start and to/finish are swapped leading to an issue of having to create 2 schedules just for any 24hr period.

As it stands its essentially 'open' until you make a schedule to close off periods of time.
It should be 'OFF' until a schedule opens a time period.

I guess I should have added my recent post to this thread instead of here. Sorry. It reads:

My new Asus GS-AX3000 is my first in-depth experience with AsusWrt. Overall, I really like the router and the GUI (although I suspect I'd prefer Merlin - but not available).

However, there is one thing that is mystifying to me and that is that the login page HTML form have the attribute autocomplete="off" in the password field. This breaks both browser-built-in and stand-alone password managers (at least those I use) and I do not see any real reason for this. I am sure someone at Asus decided this was some form of privacy or security improvement. But really? And especially if admin access is disallowed except from the LAN? Come on!

Please remove this code from the login form - especially if Enable Web Access from WAN is disabled! Thanks