cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about asus x570 tuf gaming plus

Strajder
Level 7
Hi, I'm considering an upgrade from old msi b450 tomahawk max to asus x570 tuf gaming plus or msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi. I'm a long fan of asus and tuf series and all my previous builds were from their products except the newest one and I would like to continue with that tradition. My cpu is ryzen 5600x and because asus tuf gaming does not have flash bios option I cannot use that cpu before updating bios, that is why I'm considering msi mag version which have flash bios, so my main question is can I update bios on asus without supported 3000 series cpu installed somehow or there is no other way but to have supported cpu (3000 series) plugged in on the mobo to be able to update bios?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
5600x has been out for a while and it appears to have been supported many BIOS revisions ago on that motherboard so anything that has been manufactured recently should be ready to go. FWIW, I just installed a 5800x in an ROG x570 board and it worked out of the box. It didn't have the absolute latest BIOS but it was recent enough to support my CPU.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
5600x has been out for a while and it appears to have been supported many BIOS revisions ago on that motherboard so anything that has been manufactured recently should be ready to go. FWIW, I just installed a 5800x in an ROG x570 board and it worked out of the box. It didn't have the absolute latest BIOS but it was recent enough to support my CPU.

Well that is the thing, newer date manufactured boards have print on the box saying 5000 series ready but stores in which board is available says that they do not have the newer models only old ones with old bios version, that is why I asked if it is any way possible to update bios without using my 5000 series cpu.

xeromist
I'm not sure which stores are local to you, but if they confirmed to you that their stock is old then I can't really argue. Major retailers like Amazon cycle through stock quickly so they will usually have recently manufactured boards.

I think in this case I would lean towards the TUF gaming Pro which has flashback.

That board you mentioned does not have Flashback so you'd have to have an older CPU. Smaller shops might be able to do it for you, especially if they offer repair services. Or I believe you can still get a Boot Kit directly from AMD but that entails shipping back & forth which sounds annoying to me.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…