cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG DELTA S Animate Default EQ Question

AndrasROG
Level 10
This was the EQ setting after first run. Resetting to this mode didn't change the non-zero settings.

Is this the actual "FLAT" curve, or is this just for show? Should I turn the custom EQ mode off for the "flat" response? Thanks c;
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
Off would be the flattest. I've heard the Delta S is actually the ROG product with the flattest response but ironically most people aren't used to flat and don't like it. So the "Default" is going to be what the engineers think most people will find pleasing.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Off would be the flattest. I've heard the Delta S is actually the ROG product with the flattest response but ironically most people aren't used to flat and don't like it. So the "Default" is going to be what the engineers think most people will find pleasing.

I will take your word for it 😛

I just wanted to know which one was the "flat curve," so turning custom EQ off is actually the "flat" curve mode.

Thanks! 🙂

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi AndrasROG

Flat would be set like this or EQ off.

Thanks for telling me 🙂

Although apps like Tidal don't follow any sort of custom sound settings on any of my speakers -- inside and outside of AC.

Spotify does change, though, but I could not discern the differences between EQ 'off' and your flat one with the custom 32 and 16k Hz settings.

Are you suggesting that this delta S only has peakiness at those 2 ranges, hence the reduction?

AndrasROG
Level 10
While I wait for your comments, I have another burning question...

How does one properly use the MQA renderer xd?

I even made a report on the latest AC feedback thread (post #105) that was edited as 'fixed' since I thought this whole thing needs to accompany each other -- software AND hardware decoding...

The first couple of searches, though, made me think that I had to enable -- in Tidal -- the MQA Passthrough option. But by this, Armoury Crate always showed N/A for my MQA status... hence the report.

Now I'm reading that this renderer can FULLY 'unfold' MQA tracks...

Which one is right? 😛

Nate152
The ROG Delta S Animate has the renderer. Renderer + a Core Decoder Device which Tidal acts as, gives us full decoder sound quality with all three unfolds for the best possible sound.

From Tidal:

TIDAL has partnered with MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) to create TIDAL Masters and deliver guaranteed master recordings directly from the master source to TIDAL members in Master Quality audio. With unrivalled quality, clarity and depth delivering all file sizes (up to 24 bit / 352kHz) and using no more bandwidth than a CD quality (16 bit / 44.1kHZ) file, Master Quality audio is the only format that guarantees music fans that they are listening to the original master recording – exactly as the artist intended the track to sound.

Apparently, we lose EQ control because we're to listen to how songs are originally recorded, if we alter them with an EQ they're no longer original. Tidal is fussy with MQA, we can't record MQA songs either.

Here's a short video to show MQA is on in Armoury Crate, make sure Passthrough MQA is set to off.

AndrasROG
Level 10
So my original setup was the correct one after all. Thanks for confirming 😄

Nate152
You're welcome,

The ROG Delta S Animate with MQA is new to me too, but if you have any other questions I'll try to help.