Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

I am presuming you are talking RIVE and not RIVBE? (RIVBE shipping BIOS is 4930K ready)

If you are getting a new RIVE it will probably come with a fairly up to date BIOS. 4310 and later support IB-E. There is a thin white sticker with barcode next to SATA ports on the board...the last four numbers are the BIOS version it shipped with.

So, all things being equal you should be able to plug and play.

You would only need the CAP converter if the BIOS is 1404 or earlier (this would only happen if the board had been sitting in a breach in the time space continuum!)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Guys
    I just wanted to chime in, I had my board under phase change. I took out the battery and forgot to re install it before I booted the board(bad move on my part), it went to error code 00 right away. I thought I'm dead in the water, saw the video for the blind bios flashing utility built into the RIVE. After a few unsuccessful tries I finally read about the caps converter as it had the latest bios. So I down loaded the newest bios, inserted it into the bios converter file, then removed the bios file and placed in on a formatted USB stick. Plugged it into the white USB plug next to the bios flashback button, held the button for three seconds and boom back up and running again(GREATEST INVENTION EVER MADE IMHO!).
    I was sweating for a few days!!!! Thought I'd post this here to help any stragglers that wonder in..........ENJOY!

ROG Member Array Ssor60 PC Specs
    Ssor60 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage IV Formula
    Processori7 4930K
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident X DDR3-2400 CL10-12-12-31 1.65V
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 780
    Storage #1Scandisck 240G
    Storage #22 x Seagate 3TB in RAID
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Nepton 280L
    CaseCorsair Carbide 550R
    Power SupplyCorsair TX950W
    Keyboard Thermaltake eSports MEKA-G
    Mouse Thermaltake eSports Theron
    Headset Termaltake CRONOS
    OS Win 7

Missed CAP conversion

Hi, have posted a couple of times as need some help ...

I installed a 4930K in a RIV Formula new secondhand build .. when starting the CPU Q LED would stay on, )) debug code .. all fan etc run, but no POST. I found the link on it probably being the BIOS not recognising the CPU. So followed USB reflash process and renamed lates BIOS (Rampage-IV-Formula-ASUS-5001.CAP) to R4F.ROM, which I US flashed in and it seemed to take.

Now booting just cycles, runs for a few seconds before rebooting. CPU Q LED flashes quickly

So further reading I found that I should have used the CAP conversion process first (MB was by label at 1005) so tried to flash MB back to 1005 (LED flashing seemed to take OK) then go through the CAP conversion process all seemed to take, until I get to flashing in the latest (Rampage-IV-Formula-ASUS-5001.CAP as a R4F.CAP this just flashes for 5 sec and stops?

Not sure where to go from here

ROG Member Array RampageIV PC Specs
    RampageIV PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus IX Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2800MHz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS PA248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 250GB
    Storage #2Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200rpm
    CPU CoolerFull Bitspower watercooling parts
    CaseCaseLabs Magnum THW10A
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital
    Keyboard ASUS U3000 Keyboard / ASUS W4000 Keyboard
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG GM50 Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers ASUS Cerberus / Logitech LS11
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG SHUTTLE BACKPACK

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/Battlefield 3 Bios 4901 (2014.05.14.)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ssor60 View Post
    Hi, have posted a couple of times as need some help ...

I installed a 4930K in a RIV Formula new secondhand build .. when starting the CPU Q LED would stay on, )) debug code .. all fan etc run, but no POST. I found the link on it probably being the BIOS not recognising the CPU. So followed USB reflash process and renamed lates BIOS (Rampage-IV-Formula-ASUS-5001.CAP) to R4F.ROM, which I US flashed in and it seemed to take.

Now booting just cycles, runs for a few seconds before rebooting. CPU Q LED flashes quickly

So further reading I found that I should have used the CAP conversion process first (MB was by label at 1005) so tried to flash MB back to 1005 (LED flashing seemed to take OK) then go through the CAP conversion process all seemed to take, until I get to flashing in the latest (Rampage-IV-Formula-ASUS-5001.CAP as a R4F.CAP this just flashes for 5 sec and stops?

Not sure where to go from here

Place the caps convertor and the bios file you want to use on the desk top of another computer, right click on the desk top make a NEW FILE, (use the name they suggest for the new file), in the new file place the caps convertor and the new bios, withe the convertor and the bios file in the NEW FILE folder, go in the new file and run the caps convertor while in the desk top of the second computer, the file will run (now your bios is ready to use and you can remove the caps convertor), in the NEW FOLDER all you will have is the converted bios file, now place the formatted USB stick with the converted bios file in the white usb plug on the back of the ROG mother board, (at this point the formatted BIOS on the USB install and the power supply is in READY MODE), the USB plugged into the WHITE USB plug on the I/O hit the bios flash button and hold it for three seconds(you'll see the light start to flash), let go of the button let it do its thing(if the light does NOT flash for atleast 3 minutes the file is not converted), now remove the usb stick power down the board, unplug the power supply, hold the power on button so as to drain the caps of remaining power, now power up, the board will take over and you'll see it count to 100, let it go till its done, after its done power off, unplug the power supply and hold the power button again for 15 seconds, now boot up again this time you need to set defaults in the bios and power cycle again(then set your boot priority). In the bios menu you will be able to see which bios you are using,(hope this helps).
    Last edited by philly cheese steak; 02-22-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageIV View Post
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/Battlefield 3 Bios 4901 (2014.05.14.)
    Guys please forgive if this is a repeated question. Ive been reading and searching i cannot find what im looking for in plane sight. Really im burned out if that makes sense, trying to fnd the answer on my own. My computer was in storage hooked to a UPC sense 2012, Iraq inuries blah blah blah. Anyway

I have the RIVBE v1305
    I want to update the bios/asmedia/ etc.... to the newest versions.
    Im reading alot about the BIOS flash/convert to .cap ( i followed the steps "fat32/rename and so on" but it only blinks 3 times and nothing else happens) which leads e to the next question
    Im confused, do i need this if im still on windows 7? is this needed for anything past v1404 regardless of OS?
    can i upgrade straight from 1305 to the newest v? or is there steps. I keep getting mixed responses on this.
    Rangers Lead The Way!

ROG Enthusiast Array jaggerwild PC Specs
    jaggerwild PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)NONE
    MotherboardMANY
    ProcessorMANY
    Memory (part number)MANY
    Graphics Card #1MANY
    Graphics Card #2MANY

Quote Originally Posted by viperwolf View Post
    Guys please forgive if this is a repeated question. Ive been reading and searching i cannot find what im looking for in plane sight. Really im burned out if that makes sense, trying to fnd the answer on my own. My computer was in storage hooked to a UPC sense 2012, Iraq inuries blah blah blah. Anyway

I have the RIVBE v1305
    I want to update the bios/asmedia/ etc.... to the newest versions.
    Im reading alot about the BIOS flash/convert to .cap ( i followed the steps "fat32/rename and so on" but it only blinks 3 times and nothing else happens) which leads e to the next question
    Im confused, do i need this if im still on windows 7? is this needed for anything past v1404 regardless of OS?
    can i upgrade straight from 1305 to the newest v? or is there steps. I keep getting mixed responses on this.
    If the Bios you have is listed after the caps converter(in the asus menu for your board) then you shouldn't need to do the caps converter, so yeah if your bios is newer there is no need to do it.

(Takes off hat) THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND MY FREEDOM!!!
    Asus X79 DELUXE
    3930K WATER
    2X Intel 520 Raid o
    2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
    16 GB G skill 2133
    Corsiar AX1200
    Acer 24" 1080
    Swiftech MCP655 Vari
    HWlabs 3/120
    Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...BIOS-FlashBack

ROG Enthusiast Array jaggerwild PC Specs
    jaggerwild PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)NONE
    MotherboardMANY
    ProcessorMANY
    Memory (part number)MANY
    Graphics Card #1MANY
    Graphics Card #2MANY

ON X79 or any ROG boards, after heavy overclocking you may experience A Q-CODE of "00" if so then follow this link to back up the bios(follow the first post in the thread. it may take several tries to see it flash for more then three seconds, may need to power down n clear the board. This will save a few peeps from RMAing for the "00"Q code
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...BIOS-FlashBack
    Asus X79 DELUXE
    3930K WATER
    2X Intel 520 Raid o
    2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
    16 GB G skill 2133
    Corsiar AX1200
    Acer 24" 1080
    Swiftech MCP655 Vari
    HWlabs 3/120
    Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...BIOS-FlashBack