Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE BIOS FlashBack

HiVizMan
Level 40
BIOS Flashback

Or

RIVE with IVY-E
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
48 REPLIES 48

VistaKing
Level 9
HiVizMan add this to your tutorial . For the part of having the USB Flash drive FAT32

Instructions for formatting a flash drive in "FAT 32":

1 - Insert the flash drive into a USB port on your PC.

2 - Now open "Computer". Locate the flash drive, press the right button of your mouse and select "Format ..." (a window will appear).

3 - Click on "File System" and select "FAT32".

4 - Make sure that the "Quick Format" is active. And click "Start".

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks for the reminder.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Fail post.

Sorry to have to ask like a complete beginner but where is the bios light? :S

Xovius wrote:
where is the bios light?

There are small orange coloured LEDs above the bios chips themselves. the chips are on the bottom edge of the board on the RIVE.
The ROG connect button green LED will flash too. They both will flash, at first slow then getting progressively faster (This takes a minute or so) until.... your BIOS is flashed!

🙂 very helpful, thanks.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Having done this various times now I think it would be wise to state that the best results for this whole process will come from using the PenDrive in one of the USB 2 ports on the back of the motherboard for loading the bios file. Various times I have noticed USB 3 ports and front panel ports of both types leave the USB file unusable on the ROG port! The bios lights sometimes start to blink but finish within 10 seconds without the flash completing successfully.

scottphillipsau
Level 7
HiVizMan wrote:
BIOS Flashback

Unfortunately I have a sabertooth x79 and not a Rampage. The lastest bios listed on the site is 2002.

Any ideas?

Scott

scottphillipsau wrote:
Unfortunately I have a sabertooth x79 and not a Rampage. The lastest bios listed on the site is 2002.

Any ideas?

Scott

I have the same BIOS on a P9X79 anyone know how I could downgrade the BIOS? Having memory issues with this 2002 crap