cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore II Disconnects and Reconnects Only When Connected Via USB-C to USB-C

_Prophet_
Level 8
Hello everyone,

Does anyone else have the issue of the Claymore II discnnecting and reconnecting while charging/connected via USB-C to USB-C?

This does not happen when connected via USB-A to USB-C, nor does it happen when operating in wireless mode. Firmware and Armoury Crate are fully up to date.

No other peripherals/components, like a GoPro, disconnect and reconnect on my USB-C port. The Claymore II is the only product that does this, and I'm debating whether or not I can trust ASUS enough to fix this in a timely manner. I really worry about ASUS's support and quality control. I should have learned my lesson, but for some reason I'm giving them another try.

Anyone have similar issues or info on how to fix this?
22 REPLIES 22

xeromist
How often are the disconnects? When I get a chance I'll try leaving mine connected to USBC for a while.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
How often are the disconnects? When I get a chance I'll try leaving mine connected to USBC for a while.

Hello and thank you for your help. They are intermittent. Sometimes it will be fine for a few hours and then disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes it seems to happen every 30 minutes to an hour. And when it happens, it definitely interrupts your input.

For what it's worth, I have a ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming mobo.

I've been running usb-a to usb-c for a while and I'm going to test usb-c to usb-c again tomorrow.

xeromist wrote:

It is still disconnecting and reconnecting when in USB-C (rear io) to USB-C.

When USB-C (rear IO) is connected to the USB-A dongle for wireless mode, the keyboard does not disconnect.

xeromist
Just confirming, you're using the USB-C port on the rear IO, not a front panel connection? Also, you may want to check if there are any newer drivers on the support page for your motherboard. Be aware that sometimes you have to expand the categories to see everything.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Just confirming, you're using the USB-C port on the rear IO, not a front panel connection? Also, you may want to check if there are any newer drivers on the support page for your motherboard. Be aware that sometimes you have to expand the categories to see everything.

Yes, I am using the USB-C on the rear IO Panel.

And yes, all mobo drivers are up to date. The drivers were downloaded from the Asus website and installed. I assume you are referring to Intel Chipset Driver? The mobo firmware was also updated, but I'm using the official update, not the Version 3005 Beta.

In addition, I am running on a fresh install of windows as well, of course with all drivers up to date.

_Prophet_
Level 8
One last note: this is not a one-off issue. I've tried three different Claymore II keyboards. The one I currently use only occasionally disconnects and reconnects. One of the keyboards would disconnect and reconnect nonstop. The other would do it every 2 minutes. This one does it around every 5-10 minutes.

Updated the chipset driver again, just in case, and the keyboard still disconnects and reconnects.

Nate152
Hi _Prophet_

Good to see it's working normal in wireless mode.

So, the disconnecting happens with only the cable.

Does trying with the wireless switch on and off have any effect on the disconnecting?

Is Armoury Crate up to date?

Try running some troubleshooters with the cable connected.

It sounds like it could be a cable issue, but I imagine you tried a new cable with each keyboard.

_Prophet_
Level 8
Yes, I still get disconnected and reconnected when the keyboard switch is turned off and on.

Amoury Crate is up to date.

Each time I tried a new keyboard, I tried the cable it came with, so that is three different cables. They all had the same effect. I'm thinking it is the keyboard's firmware.

_Prophet_
Level 8
I noticed I have the same disconnect/reconnect problem when charging/connected via the USB 3.1 Gen2 Typa-A Port E2 on the rear IO panel.

It works fine on all other USB-A ports.