cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Speaker in Z690 Apex

alexyenov
Level 7
I did not find a PC Speaker connector on the Z690 Maximus APEX motherboard.
I didn't find it mentioned in the user manual either.
Tell me, is there such a connector?
If not, is there an alternative?
4 REPLIES 4

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alexyenov,
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alexyenov,
After consult our tech team, the speaker header is not supported on Z690 Maximus APEX.
Some pc chassis for ROG high-end models remove the speaker for front panel, so base on this trend, we adjust the design.
Also, there are more components for motherboard and it need space for cables when build pc. In order to provide better function, we reduce the less used components.
Thank you.

Clearly, this is rather strange for a motherboard that is designed for oldschool overclockers (it has, among other things, a ps2 port and a built-in memtest86). At the same time, sound signals are not provided that allow you to understand if there is any problem during overclocking process without looking at the displayed codes.
Personally, I feel a bit of discomfort that the PC Speaker feature has been removed.

No joke on speaker...Especially when you have your PC on ground next to desk. Simple question for this ferrari high end motherboard designers, how do you know when to hit delete to enter the BIOS to overclock on this "overclockers" board? I have to key of my monitor detecting a signal...but it works.

Fully agree the BS about space on board, when there are still connectors from the 80's to interface a mouse.