Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Asus Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 - Is there an option to set Gear 1 or Gear 2 in bios

    Per the title, I did not see the option to change between Gear 1 or Gear 2 for the CPU IMC.

    Is this option in the Asus bios?

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    28
    Posts
    1,852

    Quote Originally Posted by ridethewhirlwinds View Post
    Per the title, I did not see the option to change between Gear 1 or Gear 2 for the CPU IMC.

    Is this option in the Asus bios?
    In the ASUS ROG BIOS, you can select the Memory Gear Ratio in the Extreme Tweaker menu under the Memory Controller : DRAM Frequency Ratio option.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    In the ASUS ROG BIOS, you can select the Memory Gear Ratio in the Extreme Tweaker menu under the Memory Controller : DRAM Frequency Ratio option.
    In the AI tweak for a Z690-A DDR4, I see the following:

    BCLK Frequency : DRAM Frequency Ratio
    Auto
    100:133
    100:100

    Memory Controller : DRAM Frequency Ratio
    Auto
    1:1
    1:2
    1:4

    Do I need to change anything with the BLCK Frequency or leave on Auto?

    Also, 1:1 = Gear 1 and 1:2 = Gear 2, is this correct? And what is 1:4?

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by ridethewhirlwinds View Post
    In the AI tweak for a Z690-A DDR4, I see the following:

    BCLK Frequency : DRAM Frequency Ratio
    Auto
    100:133
    100:100

    Memory Controller : DRAM Frequency Ratio
    Auto
    1:1
    1:2
    1:4

    Do I need to change anything with the BLCK Frequency or leave on Auto?

    Also, 1:1 = Gear 1 and 1:2 = Gear 2, is this correct? And what is 1:4?
    I'm not sure what BCLK frequency does apart from limiting your RAM frecuencies.

    1:1 means Gear 1
    1:2 means Gear 2
    1:4 means Gear 4

    Stick to Gear 1 or 2 to best performance.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikoarl View Post
    I'm not sure what BCLK frequency does apart from limiting your RAM frecuencies.

    1:1 means Gear 1
    1:2 means Gear 2
    1:4 means Gear 4

    Stick to Gear 1 or 2 to best performance.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •