cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill Ram not showing or recognized!

ImpetuousRacer
Level 7
Swapped my setup from Crosshair VIII Hero to Crosshair VIII Extreme.

Did fresh install of Windows 11 and fresh install of Armoury Crate. Gskill Royal Elite ram does not show up in crate or creator.
Tried Gskill Trident Z ram I had and it’s not recognized either. It looks like during the install process it just never installs the ram RGB ENE.

I found that I can install the Gskill trident z software and after that, the ram shows in Crate but not in creator.
Alternatively, installing the older standalone aura sync lighting service gets the ram to show in crate by not creator as well.

I’ve tried so many install, clean installs, reformatting of the drive etc trying to get it to work.

Old computer I have armoury crate 4.2 and the ram is recognized completely fine. Doesn’t look like there is any archived armoury crate I can download or install anywhere, forces you to be online for install.*

I exported my working aura creator profile for same hardware and imported to see if it would work and it turns off the rgb on the ram and other component.

I’m at my wits end. Ram doesn’t run at 3600 and doesn’t show in aura creator on new $900 motherboard and both speed and RGB worked perfectly fine on crosshair hero.*
15 REPLIES 15

alistairuk
Level 8
Hope this helps. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by alex54_06 View Post
I was having the same issue using Teamgroup 6400 ram on maximus extreme. I finally found a post from a while ago saying the gskill lighting app would fix the problem and it worked for me. Just download the ddr5 version from their website. Once I installed the gskill lighting control app the ram was recognized right away (in both the gskill app and armory crate). You can close the gskill app and never have to run it again for armoury crate to work. Not sure if it matters but I installed the gskill app before reinstalling armoury crate. After ram was working in AC I disabled gskill launch on startup in task manager.

alistairuk wrote:
Hope this helps. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by alex54_06 View Post
I was having the same issue using Teamgroup 6400 ram on maximus extreme. I finally found a post from a while ago saying the gskill lighting app would fix the problem and it worked for me. Just download the ddr5 version from their website. Once I installed the gskill lighting control app the ram was recognized right away (in both the gskill app and armory crate). You can close the gskill app and never have to run it again for armoury crate to work. Not sure if it matters but I installed the gskill app before reinstalling armoury crate. After ram was working in AC I disabled gskill launch on startup in task manager.

Already did that. It makes it show in Armoury Crate, but not Creator. I need it to show in creator because the ram is never synced properly in Crate. I always have to create a profile in creator to get it to all sync correctly.

So i am having this same issue at the moment. My Armory crate picks up my Gskill ram, but in Aura Creator i cant see them (4 sticks of ram).
I did have one thing that helped me the other night. i cleared my CMOS and after Armory crate picked up and installed the Dram drivers, and for that single night i was able to create a profile. When i woke up the next morning i could not see my Ram any longer.

Psycrow
Level 11
I got the exactly same problem with my Royal trident Z and Maximus extreme XIII. Everything works fine in armoury crate with the preinstalled effects.
But when i open asus creator then i only see my motherboard and led strips. Asus supporter told me today that not all ram type are compatibel with creator...
What a slap ! Not so premium extreme royal hyper prime again....Its like buying a Tesla and expect it to drive you while you sleep, but it cant..

Psycrow wrote:
I got the exactly same problem with my Royal trident Z and Maximus extreme XIII. Everything works fine in armoury crate with the preinstalled effects.
But when i open asus creator then i only see my motherboard and led strips. Asus supporter told me today that not all ram type are compatibel with creator...
What a slap ! Not so premium extreme royal hyper prime again....Its like buying a Tesla and expect it to drive you while you sleep, but it cant..

That's false. I have Trident Z rams, worked fine with Aura Creator effect (much better than Gskill software), and since the last Armor Crate update, it's not reconize.
So Asus support told you bullsh**t.

Crucial RGB rams have also the same issue since the last update.

I went through the same thing. I thought I broke Aura Creator when I was trying to clean all remnants of AI Suite 3 from my Windows 10 Install. I never could get my G.SKill Trident Z ram to appear in AC afterwards, so I thought I was the cause. I was ripping out AI Suite 3 because I could never find the custom fan curves section in Armoury Crate and thought, maybe, AI Suite 3 was the problem.

I took that opportunity to do a fresh install of Windows 11, without AI Suite 3 (no plans either). After all drivers and updates were complete, I did a fresh install of Crate and Creator with the same problem. So that proved it was not what I did, but an issue with the latest version.

This was also when I noticed Aura Creator added support for making the 2 aRGB headers independently selectable (Strix x570-e). I suspect this is where they broke it.

Nothing moved since 3 months. I'm loosing hope...

CaptnDanLKW wrote:
I went through the same thing. I thought I broke Aura Creator when I was trying to clean all remnants of AI Suite 3 from my Windows 10 Install. I never could get my G.SKill Trident Z ram to appear in AC afterwards, so I thought I was the cause. I was ripping out AI Suite 3 because I could never find the custom fan curves section in Armoury Crate and thought, maybe, AI Suite 3 was the problem.

I took that opportunity to do a fresh install of Windows 11, without AI Suite 3 (no plans either). After all drivers and updates were complete, I did a fresh install of Crate and Creator with the same problem. So that proved it was not what I did, but an issue with the latest version.

This was also when I noticed Aura Creator added support for making the 2 aRGB headers independently selectable (Strix x570-e). I suspect this is where they broke it.

Same here: I was so happy to finally manage the ARGB headers separately... just to find out that RAM disappeared from Aura Creator.