CaseFRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE 7XL
    Power SupplySEASONIC TX-850
    Keyboard CORSAIR K57 RGB
    Mouse 3D CONNEXION
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 21H2
    Network RouterRT-AC86U

Unhappy Dont hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Doudididoune View Post
    Seems an update is on the way to fix the issue : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...y-issues/page5
    Don't hold your breath.....they'll probably break something else in the process.

New ROGer Array

Workarround found

Mine also stopped working after this was never an issue before, also Gskill Trident RGB, CHDH VIII. None of the above solutions worked, the legacy aura sync seems to old for my Win 11, besides I need Armoury Crate for the AIO management. Here is the workaround I found that worked for me:

1 - Found that the problem comes down to incorrect metadata on the RAM being stored after the RAM is correctly detected. The file holding this data is:

"C:\Program Files\ASUS\ASUS_Aac_DRAM\DIMMInfo.data"

So if you delete this file plain and simple and restart the "LightingService" in Windows Services, immediately the RAM will start responding, and after opening/closing AC it will also show there again.

2-If you reboot the computer, the above file will be recreated with the incorrect data again, and the problem will return. To avoid this, I edited the above file in notepad to clear the entire contents (the wrong data), then removed all system write permissions (left only read/execute), and also marked the file read only. It's no longer being modified on reboot.

3 - Despite the above, the LigthingService is still requiring a further restart after windows boots up in order for the Aura to get back control over the RAM. Not sure why the first service restart doesn't handle this the same way, tried changing startup to "delayed start" but it didn't seem to help.

So at least there is a proper workaround and understanding on where is the problem happening, maybe this will allow Asus to fix this.

Anyway just also found the log of all the related aura stuff so this might help in finding a more permanent solution to such an annoyance

"C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\LightingService\LightingService.log"

New ROGer Array

What the hell is happening again with Gskill Trident Z ??

It was sync and reconized by Armoury Crate (with the Gskill software tips found here), and now, it's not reconized anymore.

I did not do any update from yesterday to today, where is that coming from ??

New ROGer Array

Fixed with today's update

There was a Memory Aura kit update today and finally Aura Creator can manage RAM LEDs again!

New ROGer Array

This worked for me.

I had 32 gig in my hero viii then when i went to 64 it stopped sync, after 3 days of searching forums i finally found this to work. Down load the trident rgb software install it but dont run it. It solved all my problems with my ram.
    https://www.gskill.com/download/1502...-Elite,-Z5-RGB

New ROGer Array

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, my Gskill are back in Aura Creator with the last update !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2