cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II arrived yesterday but malfunctions; has RGB glitches on some keys:

TheCaedes
Level 7
Hi

responds well to inputs and does not miss a beat but the RGB component of a keyboard area works in moments

- I tried to reset FN + ESC
- I uninstalled drivers and re-installed drivers with appropriate restarts
- I updated the drivers \ firmware with the ASUS ARMORY CRATE to the latest version
- I tried the keyboard from another device

but it didn't solve the problem

the malfunction comes and goes and affects the entire left side of the CORE component

all the keys from the left side up to F7,7, U, J, M and space (each line up to the character mentioned, apart from the "<" symbol key, which works normally; and the V, B, N, M keys which behave like the 4 keys of the battery level)

keys that do not work properly freeze to an aura effect or turn off

how to solve?
2 REPLIES 2

marksmith85
Level 9
Have you got the numpad connected or disconnected?

I found annoyingly I setup a load of profiles with numpad on the right and then moved the numberpad to the left side to find all the RGB elements move along to the numberpad on the left hand side and didnt stay on the set wasd keys.

NakedAndGordo
Level 7
TheCaedes wrote:
Hi

responds well to inputs and does not miss a beat but the RGB component of a keyboard area works in moments

- I tried to reset FN + ESC
- I uninstalled drivers and re-installed drivers with appropriate restarts
- I updated the drivers \ firmware with the ASUS ARMORY CRATE to the latest version
- I tried the keyboard from another device

but it didn't solve the problem

the malfunction comes and goes and affects the entire left side of the CORE component

all the keys from the left side up to F7,7, U, J, M and space (each line up to the character mentioned, apart from the "<" symbol key, which works normally; and the V, B, N, M keys which behave like the 4 keys of the battery level)

keys that do not work properly freeze to an aura effect or turn off

how to solve?

A few months ago after a firmware update the leds on the right side of my keyboard do not light up at all starting with the exact keys you listed. The keys that don't work for me start at F8, 8, i, k, <, and alt. Those keys and all of the keys to the right do not light up along with the battery indicator not lighting up. The keypad lights up on both sides of the CORE part of the keyboard. Armoury crate is up to date along with all the firmware updates for the keyboard. I've tried holding FN+esc and it didn't help. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling armoury crate with no luck. The only thing that has not been updated since it started having issues is the device sdk which was on 6/28/2022 and I believe that is around the time I started having issues. If you found a fix please let me know.