Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootup issues Z690 Gaming E

alistairuk
Level 8
Hi Guys,

Windows 11 64bit
811 Bios

I have a few issues on bootup. Firstly it's taking 4.12 to get to the logon screen... surely this can't be right? I have to hit F1 to get the PC to show anything on the screen. I also don't get the chance to get into the BIOS. No screen giving the option to hit Del or F2, only option I have/when the screen shows anything is when I press F1 to get the Windows logon screen.

Also noticed that the status lights on the motherboard and number go from red (a load of number/letters), then on to yellow (a load of numbers/letters), then flashes white for a brief second then rinse and repeat about 5 or 6 times before I get a solid white light. I can then press F1 and get on to the Windows logon.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alistair
12 REPLIES 12

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alistairuk,
Do you mean the qled white light is always on and it is black screen?
How do you know you have to hit F1 to get the PC to show anything on the screen?
May I have a video about it?
Are the bios settings all default?
Did it occur recently or after first PC build?
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN, Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the qled white light is always on and it is black screen? - Yes, until the PC is ready to logon (I do get a few 'Display Port Not Detected' on screen)

How do you know you have to hit F1 to get the PC to show anything on the screen? It was something that shows on screen when (few and far between mind you), when I could see other options.

May I have a video about it? Yes, where can I upload this to you please?

Are the bios settings all default? Default optimized but then added XMP1 for the memory.

Did it occur recently or after first PC build? Since it was built.

Thanks,

Alistair

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alistairuk,
Does it also occur with bios all default settings(without XMP)?
Please upload the video to google drive and share me the link.
(Please set up everyone can access the file with the link.)
Thank you so much.

Not had time to upload video. Will do this shortly. 🙂

And to add Starrain, the place it stops and I need to push F1 to get into the desktop reads 98 with a solid white and green q-led. Once F1 is pressed it will run through some more white and green numbers then the screen comes to life with the logon screen.

Also, if I remember correctly the F1 had something to do with if there was an error it would halt on the F1 state. I may have to try an HDMI cable instead of my DP cable.

I do not have the option to enter the bios. The only option I have is when the screen shows the password screen to enter the Desktop.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alistairuk,
If you get 'Display Port Not Detected' on screen, you have to change to HDMI cable and then press F1 to get the Windows logon screen?
If you remove all SSD, HDD, can you enter bios utility?
How did you add XMP1?
Does it also occur with bios all default settings(without XMP)?
I appreciate that if you help to record a video of all the scenario you mentioned.

So I had a HDMI cable delivered this weekend. I can now get into the BIOS every time. It was hanging on F1 with a message that the CPU fan is not detected. I have a Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler (plugged into USB 2.0 header and the CPU pump header under the CPU socket, as stated by the Corsair installation manual) https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-LCD-Display-Liquid-CPU-C... , and as the motherboard does not pick up it being attached to the CPU fan header I have to go into the BIOS and set the minimum RPM from 200rpm to IGNORE. This is fine, the error does not show in boot up again, but I am still getting a hang on F1 with a message saying if the PC isn't booting into windows it could be down to system instability. I can't get into windows it just loops back to the bios when I hit F1. Swap back to the Display Port cable and I get no bios screen or see the F1 error message to press F1 to sort the issue out in the BIOS but loads to desktop once F1 is pressed.

To reply to your latest comments

Sorry, phone left at work with the video on so have not been able to upload it yet.

I have set the PC to Optimized Defaults, XMP off or XMP1, disabled the fan warning to Ignore and this is where I am..... very confused.

This is my memory, stated as supported on Asus website. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/teamgroup-delta-rgb-32gb-2x16gb-ddr5-pc5-49600c38-6200mhz-dual-channe...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi alistairuk,
If you remove all SSD, HDD, can you enter bios utility with DP and HDMI?
If there is still no bios screen with DP cable, please enable CSM in bios with HDMI first.
Do you have other graphics card and DP cable?
Have you reinstalled OS but still got the F1 error message with HDMI or have to press F1 to boot into windows with DP?
Thank you.

I have disabled halt on F1 in the bios and do not get the message anymore. On DP cable it boots up to the logon page now with out having to press F1 (of course, as it's been disabled). I have just got up for work so will try the adjustments in the BIOS this evening.

Don't really want to have to remove the 3 x M.2's (one is the C: System drive) as they all have sticky heat pads attached and I do not have replacements, the only other drive is a Samsung 8tb SSD, and really do not want to have to reinstall windows as I have already spent hours setting the PC up and installing software. ;/