cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek 2,5 GBE Network Controller on B560-i

danirosax
Level 7
Hi guys, having troubles with the device in object.
No matter which driver Realtek i use (10.46, 10.50, 10.54) if i try to send files to my network storage the device always fails.
For the time i write i have to set driver to standard microsoft device, having no trouble.

The issue presents itself only by coping files larger of 1gb. No problem via wifi or with external lan dongle, so i0m 100% sure the problem are Realtek drivers.

Do you have any solution?

My setup:
Asus B560-i
I5 12400f
32GB Ballistix
980hof

The pc is new, operation system also new.
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi danirosax,
Do you mean it only occurs when connect to lan port on the motherboard directly? Is the cable same as when you use the external lan dongle?
If you uninstall Realtek LAN Driver, you don't have the issue with lan port on the motherboard?
Have you tried Realtek LAN Driver V10.42.526.2020 form our support site?
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-i-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download
Does it occur on bios 1201 with bios all default settings?
Thank you.

Hi,

yes, when connected to lan port on the motherboard directly
No issues in wifi or with lan usb dongle
I've tried all the Realtek drivers, also unistalling them and reinstalling the one by one by one from scratch.
I've updated my bios to 1201, i do not know if the issue was already there with previous bios firmware.

Also, no problems with w11, with the w11 realtek drivers, but i had to rollback due to other problems with w11 and my bt headphones.

So, by now, it's only working with standard Microsoft drivers.

I experience the problem by:
moovind >1gb files to my nas (no problem with other clients to the same nas) or downloading torrent files directly to the nas.

Siomply it caches half of file and then it stops suddently, in that case i have to reset MANUALLY the pc.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi danirosax,
Is the cable same as when you use the lan usb dongle?
Does the issue occur with bios all default settings?
If it only occurs on the specific bios settings, could you please share me the bios settings?
How do you copy or download files to the nas? via nas app?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of RAM, PSU, OS SSD, router and nas
(Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as crucial BL32G36C16U4B.)
- OS version and OS build (win10)
Thank you so much.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG,

yes, indeed the cable is the same, a cat6a, with cat6a keystone. I tries also connecting directly to switch and even router:

The bios is already to default settings, tried also to disable xmp1, with no luck.
Trasfer to nas happens via smb, like other clients on my network.

CPU: Intel I5 11400F
RAM: Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G32C16U4RL 2x16GB
PSU: Sharkoon Silent Storm SFX 500W Gold
SSD m.2: WD BLACK SN750 SE 500 GB PCIe Gen4
NAS: WD My Cloud EX2 (not the ULTRA one) with double 2tb raid1 configuration
SWITCH: Ubiquiti US-8-150W (uplink between router and switch is via dac cable 1gbit)
ROUTER: Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X-SFP (connected by fiber 1g/300mb via sfp module)

I'll send you the mobo details. I coudl also send you a video with the issue with different drivers.

Edit: just tried to install the Realtek_LAN_Driver_V10.42.526.2020_WIN10_64-bit_B560I and once trid to copy a 2gb file to the nas, the pc completely crashed. Rolled back to Microsoft divers, erveything fine.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi danirosax,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team about this.
I really appreciate that if you help to share a video about the issue with Realtek_LAN_Driver_V10.42.526.2020_WIN10_64-bit_B560I.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi danirosax,
I'm afraid our tech team don't have the same nas, switch and router.
Although our tech team have tested similar devices at hand with Realtek 2.5G LAN driver Version 10.50.511.2021 or 10.45.928.2020, they didn't encounter the issue.
Do you have any other information for reproducing the issue?
Thank you.