cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 11 Ryzen stuck at 0,54ghz

anze_polajnar
Level 7
Hello, i'm using dark hero viii with 5900x and 32 gigs of trident z royal cl16 and my cpu goes down to 0,54 ghz and i cannot get it back up to normal speed unless i turn off pc and unplug it then plug it back in and power it on, or put windows 11 to sleep mode and then wake the PC up. I also get black screens sometimes 2 times in 20min doing nothing or gaming so i'm guessing it's a windows 11 thing since i also do not see ryzen power plan anymore. Everything was working fine for months on windows 10 and then the first month on windows 11 now this started to happen. I tried going back to old bios but i don't really feel like reinstalling windows to fix the issue, so any ideas?
42 REPLIES 42

RedSector73
Level 12
See if you can roll back Windows 10 rather than reinstall. There were patches for problems with W11 and L2 cache for Ryzen, only other advice would be make sure fully patched / up to date in W11.

W11 appears a dud atm to be honest. Next OS should be worth looking at based on history of MS bringing things to market.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi anze.polajnar,
Is your CPU stuck at 0.54 ghz after running the specific apps or any setting changed?
If you shutdown and turn on the pc, cannot get it back to normal speed? Is fast startup enabled?
Does it occur on bios 3904 with bios all default settings?
Thank you.

A bit to late to roll back to windows 10, i updated BIOS to 3904 again (did a roll back due to crashes) and didn't run XMP for memory, disabled C-State, PBO and fast boot. I also uninstalled ASUS AI Suite since i seen it has some power manegment settings and i'm guessing windows 11 might not like that as well. So far no problems for 1 day but i do get ": The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS." in event viewer.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi anze.polajnar,
Did you get the message in event viewer? Do you have any issue while get the message?
Did it occur while running the specific apps or after settings changed?
Please restore bios to all default settings to see if it appear again.
Thank you.

As soon as i put BIOS to default and set memory to 3600 i get cpu stuck at 0.54 ghz or freezes, might be the memory OC pushing infinity fabric and it trying to save power with Cstate stuff? Il try lowering memory speed a bit see if that solves anything coz disabling Cstates doesn't seem to work. All i know is i had no problems with any of this on windows 10 for months.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi anze.polajnar,
Do you mean cannot back to win10 anymore, and if you put bios to all default settings on bios 3904, you will get cpu stuck at 0.54 ghz or freezes?
May I have a video about it?
How do you set memory to 3600?
Thank you.

Yes i can't rollback to win 10 anymore since there is no restore point for it. Seems like all default settings works but if i put just the D.O.C.P to 3600 16-19-19-19 (using trident z royal silver 32gb) i get cpu stuck at 0.54 ghz having 2x chrome windows opened with 5-8 tabs in each one of them being youtube and black screen crashes during games. My specs are dark hero viii with a 5900x and rtx 3090 so maybe u guys can replicate the issue in the lab. And yes i'm using bios 3904.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi anze.polajnar,
Do you get CPU stuck at 0.54 ghz only when open 2 chrome and watching youtube video?
Do you check CPU 0.54 ghz in task manager?
Which games do you play when black screen crashes?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your RAM, PSU and OS SSD
*Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW.
- the bios settings(.cmo file)
- OS version and OS build
- a video about the CPU and black screen issue
Thank you.

"Do you get CPU stuck at 0.54 ghz only when open 2 chrome and watching youtube video?"
Yes, along with discord and telegram + logitech, g skill, NZXT, iCUE and asus tweak II for gpu.

"Do you check CPU 0.54 ghz in task manager?"
Yes, i can feel it throtteling browsers so i ckeck and shut it down, unplug power and then back on.

"Which games do you play when black screen crashes?"
So far i only played bf 2042, sea of thieves and beat saber since the 0.54ghz and black screens during gaming started.

Specs are:
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, AMD X570-Mainboard - Sockel AM4 (sending serial number in DM)
32 GB, G.SKILL Trident Z Royal, F4-3600C16D-32GTRSC, DDR4 3600MHz, kit 2x16GB
Samsung 980 PRO Series NVMe SSD, PCIe 4.0 M.2 Typ 2280 - 1 TB
EVGA 1000w gold PSU
Windows 11 with all the updates, newest bios and chipset drivers from asus website.

BIOS settings are default and no crashes with it, if i turn the D.O.C.P to 3600 16-19-19-19 then it stars doing 0.54ghz bug and black screening during gaming, sometimes 3 times in a row and sometimes no crashes. I don't want to enable D.O.C.P to start crashing again just for a video, i have googled about this recent issue with D.O.C.P and apparently for some setting the memory oc and timing manually fixes it but i have not tried that yet since i never done it before.