Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Asus Rog Strix x 570 E-gaming. The video card does not start in PCIe 4.0 mode

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x 570 E-gaming (Bios v.4005)
    Processor: Ryzen 5600x
    Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO
    Power supply: Fractal Design Ion+860 Platinum
    Memory: G.Skill TRIDENT Z Neo RGB [F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB] 16Gb
    SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB

Hello guys, I need help. The bios has been updated to the latest version 4021. The graphics card is installed in PCIEX16_1 slot. After pressing the power button, the system fails POST verification, the postcode "02" lights up for a long time, then "07" and freezes on "97". The motherboard is constantly glowing with LED VGA. After 20-30 minutes of waiting, the "Republic of Games" logo appears on the monitor. When you start the bios, terrible friezes begin, the screen is drawn frame by frame. The system boots to user login window and crashes into a blue screen. It turned out that if you change the PCIEX16_1 slot mode from "Auto" to "Gen3" in the bios, the system starts and works perfectly without any complaints. I tried to change CSM to Enabled and Disabled, it did not bring a positive result. Also, if the PCIEX16_1 slot - "Gen3" is changed to PCIEX16_1 - "Gen4", the above problem is returned. Resetting the bios to default settings does not help, Clear CMOS is also to no avail. The graphics card is fully operational, I am sure of this, because it was tested on other assemblies, worked in PCIEX 4.0 mode without any problems. No m.2 memory have been installed. I swapped RAM bar places, left one at a time, it didn't help. In PCIEX 3.0 mode, the system load tests in OCCT 10.0.6 are successful. Bios flashed versions 4021, 4005,4002, 3604 did not help.
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/OChjs4ONYvyVrg- link to the video of friezes in the bios

Last edited by smuglyi_aa; 01-18-2022 at 07:49 PM.

ROG Member Array

Why is my question being ignored on the forum?

New ROGer Array Ribellu PC Specs
    Ribellu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Z690 HERO
    ProcessorI7 12700KF
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2X16Gb 5200Mhz 38/38/38/74
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
    MonitorAsus VG27AQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1T
    Storage #2SSD Samsung 960 EVO 500gb
    CPU CoolerMSI MAG CoreLiquid C240
    CaseThermaltake Commander C31 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
    Mouse Razer Bazilisk V2
    Headset/Speakers Hyper X Cloud Alpha
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Quote Originally Posted by smuglyi_aa View Post
    Why is my question being ignored on the forum?
    I don't know what to answer you, I made a post almost similar to yours about a 3080Ti Strix connected with a Display Port cable, but no one answered me, I no longer have access to the BIOS when I start my PC, I arrive directly on the desktop, I read that there were problems with certain 30 series cards and the Display Port and the CSM in the BIOS. Even by rebooting my PC from Windows for the next boot to the BIOS it does not work, I have to connect an HDMI cable, to be able to access the BIOS again.

EDIT: I open a ticket at support coz here sadly nobody answer...
    Last edited by Ribellu; 01-18-2022 at 09:21 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array comfuzio13 PC Specs
    comfuzio13 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Steam Deck 512GB
    MotherboardROG Strix x570-E Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 9 5900x
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M2C3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Colorful GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB iGame Vulcan OC-V
    MonitorOdyssey G7 Gaming 27" 1440p 240hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 256GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX Series HX1200 1200W
    Keyboard EVGA Z20
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB
    Headset HyperX Cloud Flight S Wireless Gaming Headset
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Ch Soundbar Q60T
    OS Windows 11 x64 Pro / Manjaro KDE
    Network RouterRT-AX92U

I have the same mobo with 3900x and the 3080 ti from colorful, I am also using the DP to my monitor and I do not face such a problem.
    I have the 4021 bios which I did clean install, loaded optimized defaults, then DOCP and enabled PBO.
    After that I have enabled the resizable bar (I had it off because my previous GPU 1660 ti didn't support it). The PCIEX16_1 I have it on auto as a setting.
    For me, I do not have any issues of this kind, I do get though from time to time cold boot error 8d and the system won't post.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This forum is quite terrible TBH, best going somewhere like Guru3d, people will answer and actually help, they know a thing or two and it's quite active as well.

ROG Member Array cnpcman@gmail.com's Avatar

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x 570 E-gaming (Bios v.4005)
    Processor: Ryzen 5600x
    Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO
    Power supply: Fractal Design Ion+860 Platinum
    Memory: G.Skill TRIDENT Z Neo RGB [F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB] 16Gb
    SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB

Hello guys, I need help. The bios has been updated to the latest version 4021. The graphics card is installed in PCIEX16_1 slot. After pressing the power button, the system fails POST verification, the postcode "02" lights up for a long time, then "07" and freezes on "97". The motherboard is constantly glowing with LED VGA. After 20-30 minutes of waiting, the "Republic of Games" logo appears on the monitor. When you start the bios, terrible friezes begin, the screen is drawn frame by frame. The system boots to user login window and crashes into a blue screen. It turned out that if you change the PCIEX16_1 slot mode from "Auto" to "Gen3" in the bios, the system starts and works perfectly without any complaints. I tried to change CSM to Enabled and Disabled, it did not bring a positive result. Also, if the PCIEX16_1 slot - "Gen3" is changed to PCIEX16_1 - "Gen4", the above problem is returned. Resetting the bios to default settings does not help, Clear CMOS is also to no avail. The graphics card is fully operational, I am sure of this, because it was tested on other assemblies, worked in PCIEX 4.0 mode without any problems. No m.2 memory have been installed. I swapped RAM bar places, left one at a time, it didn't help. In PCIEX 3.0 mode, the system load tests in OCCT 10.0.6 are successful. Bios flashed versions 4021, 4005,4002, 3604 did not help.
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/OChjs4ONYvyVrg- link to the video of friezes in the bios

Hello, is your problem with pci-ex 4.0 resolved?
    I'm planning to swap my 2070 super for a 3080, my kit is 5800x+x570-F and I still have two ssd's on the m2 Gen 3.0 ports, I'm afraid I have the same problem. Sorry for my English.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ribellu View Post
    I don't know what to answer you, I made a post almost similar to yours about a 3080Ti Strix connected with a Display Port cable, but no one answered me, I no longer have access to the BIOS when I start my PC, I arrive directly on the desktop, I read that there were problems with certain 30 series cards and the Display Port and the CSM in the BIOS. Even by rebooting my PC from Windows for the next boot to the BIOS it does not work, I have to connect an HDMI cable, to be able to access the BIOS again.

EDIT: I open a ticket at support coz here sadly nobody answer...
    Did you try this update?
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/5233/

There is also an update for older gen cards:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers...fi-update-x64/

But OPs problem seems different...
    I would first try to update to the latest bios.
    If that doesn't work, turn back the Memory/Fabric overclock.
    The Bios literally gives a Info Message that fabric overclock can cause PCIE4 instability.
    If it does boot with no memory/fabric overclock, enable the overclock again and try to raise vsoc voltage?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cnpcman@gmail.com View Post
    Hello, is your problem with pci-ex 4.0 resolved?
    I'm planning to swap my 2070 super for a 3080, my kit is 5800x+x570-F and I still have two ssd's on the m2 Gen 3.0 ports, I'm afraid I have the same problem. Sorry for my English.
    Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to my problem. I'll probably contact the service center

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    Did you try this update?
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/5233/

There is also an update for older gen cards:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers...fi-update-x64/

But OPs problem seems different...
    I would first try to update to the latest bios.
    If that doesn't work, turn back the Memory/Fabric overclock.
    The Bios literally gives a Info Message that fabric overclock can cause PCIE4 instability.
    If it does boot with no memory/fabric overclock, enable the overclock again and try to raise vsoc voltage?

"If it does boot with no memory/fabric overclock, enable the overclock again and try to raise vsoc voltage?" Can you elaborate on this point? Where exactly and how much to understand
    Last edited by smuglyi_aa; 02-01-2022 at 04:21 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

"If it does boot with no memory/fabric overclock, enable the overclock again and try to raise vsoc voltage?" Can you elaborate on this point? Where exactly and how much to understand
    As I wrote in my reply the firmware problem seems unrelated to your problem.
    But maybe it helps the other guy.

In your screenshots your memory frequency is 3600, so you have fabric/memory overclock enabled.
    Did you try it with default/stock fabric/memory clock?

Also check the PCIE slot/GPU PCIE Connector for broken/dirty contacts.

Does the GPU have a lot of slag?
    Last edited by schm0; 02-02-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast