cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate152

Hello fellow ROG gamers,

I recently got the ROG Spatha X mouse and out of the box, there's no denying it's an excellent choice for playing games. I'd like to share how to use a neat feature it possesses called rapid fire. But before I do I have to mention, because rapid fire does what it does it's recognized as a cheat in pvp games. Most games have an anticheat system and if you're caught using rapid fire, you'll most likely get banned from the game. Anticheat systems keep player vs. player games on an even keel so noone has an advantage, and the systems and rules are pretty strict.

Obviously, we don't want to get banned from our favorite games so knowing this, we only want to use rapid fire in campaigns and offline games. I'll even recommend researching your games before using rapid fire as an extra precaution.

So, what is rapid fire and how do we use it?

Rapid fire is most suited for semi-automatic or single shot weapons that require one click for one shot, fast firing semi-automatic weapons is where rapid fire really shines. As an example, a six shot pistol or shotgun would need six clicks to fire all six shots. With rapid fire enabled, holding down the rapid fire button fires all six shots.

To use rapid fire:

At the top left of Armoury Crate click devices and select your ROG Spatha X, it will put you on the buttons page. In the middle of the page below the mouse click Left, this will show the side thumb buttons view.

At the top right, click the three dots and select create rapid fire profile, in the box it will show: ROG SPATHA X Rapid-Fire Profile1.

You can let the rapid fire activator button to default which works great for shift mode or reassign it. I reassigned it to the windows button and disabled the others as I prefer toggle mode.

To reassign the activator button: Click the button you want to assign, in the window on the right select Rapid Fire and choose one of two modes below.

Shift mode - Press and hold the rapid fire activator button to enable and release to disable.
Toggle mode - Press once to enable, press once to disable.

When rapid fire is enabled, the ROG Spatha X will rapidly flash for two seconds, then give one quick short flash when disabled. You will also get a windows notification to let you know rapid fire is enabled/disabled.

The notification will show at the bottom right of your screen. You can choose to disable the notification, in the window scroll to the bottom and check the box.

Now that we have the rapid fire activator button assigned and our mode selected, we need to turn the rapid fire buttons on. In the window, you see three mice with the rapid fire button highlighted white on each mouse.

First mouse - Left click button
Second mouse - Middle click button (scroll wheel click)
Third mouse - Right click button

To turn rapid fire on simply click each mouse, they will turn red and switch to on. You can turn one, two or all three on for three rapid fire buttons.

Delay - Default is 50ms and is a good place to start, fine tune it to your own play.

The rapid fire buttons can't be reassigned but you can bind them to in game keys. As an example, you could bind the rapid fire buttons to:

Rapid fire Left click - Primary weapon fire
Rapid fire Middle click - Melee
Rapid fire Right click - Secondary weapon fire

You're now rapid fire ready, get creative and have fun with the abilities and weapons the game has to offer. Make sure rapid fire is disabled before playing any pvp games as well as at the desktop.

7 Comments