cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT AC5300 and Port Forwarding

beeson76
Level 7
I cannot for the life of me get anything to Port Forward on this Router. Is the only setting I need under the WAN>Virtual Server/Port Forwarding. I have Port Forwarding checked. All I wanna do is open 3389 for Remote Desktop. But I cannot even get ANY port to open. I figure this wouldn't be a wide spread problem, because I cannot find any huge post about it. So I must just be doing something wrong here.

Is there another setting somewhere to get Port Forwarding to work in this firmware. I have 3.0.0.4.386_42643 firmware.

Thanks for any help you guys:):) Any help is greatly appreciated:):)
15 REPLIES 15

ahfoo
Level 13
In WAN>Virtual Server/Port Forwarding, your protocol set to TCP, UDP or BOTH? May be you should also include port 3390 for RDP too if I am not wrong. IF you are using HTTPS, that is another problems.

Thanks Ahfoo for the reply. Yes for the Protocol I have tried UDP and TCP and Both. But to no avail. As a Port Forward Service Name I have RDP and the port opened as 3389. Internal Address as the address of my computer which is 10.0.0.133.

For the life of me I cannot get this Port Forward along with any other Port. It seems like there is another setting that initiates the Port Forwarding beside the slider switch that initiates it on the Port Forwarding/Virtual Server Screen.

Please help!!:):)

Is there a way of reverting back to a previous Firmware. I just think this firmware is glitchy for this. But I would also assume that people would be saying something about it if it was. And I cannot find anything about Port Forwarding being broken on this Router.

beeson76 wrote:
Thanks Ahfoo for the reply. Yes for the Protocol I have tried UDP and TCP and Both. But to no avail. As a Port Forward Service Name I have RDP and the port opened as 3389. Internal Address as the address of my computer which is 10.0.0.133.

For the life of me I cannot get this Port Forward along with any other Port. It seems like there is another setting that initiates the Port Forwarding beside the slider switch that initiates it on the Port Forwarding/Virtual Server Screen.

Please help!!:):)

can you try to add port 3390 too into the list and point your host PC IP address.

Thanks Ahfoo for the reply:):)

I added 3389:3390 to the list and still nothing. What I am finding though is that I cannot open ANY ports. Even 80 or 20, 21 for example. Nothing opens on this router. That makes me think that either the firmware is messed up on this router or there is some other setting that is preventing ANY ports from opening.

Any help is greatly appreciated:):)

beeson76 wrote:
Thanks Ahfoo for the reply:):)

I added 3389:3390 to the list and still nothing. What I am finding though is that I cannot open ANY ports. Even 80 or 20, 21 for example. Nothing opens on this router. That makes me think that either the firmware is messed up on this router or there is some other setting that is preventing ANY ports from opening.

Any help is greatly appreciated:):)

One last thing you might want to try to create a DDNS with Asus to see if it work. I am not sure of the GT-5300 last firmware dated 2021/5/7 was the culprit.

I am creating a DDNS with Asus right now. What should I put in the Host Name. Im not too sure of what I am doing here:):)

beeson76 wrote:
I am creating a DDNS with Asus right now. What should I put in the Host Name. Im not too sure of what I am doing here:):)

Server: Please select WWW.ASUS.COM

Host name: put in any name you want for example billgate

HTTPS/SSL certificaye select NONE for a start.

Hit Apply

ahfoo
Level 13
If you still need further info, please refer the following link.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011725/