cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of my Armoury Crate today.

Jimbo93
Level 12
So, it took three separate updates with a reboot in between each. I think it updated everything except the keyboard and mouse.

If I open Aura Creator and look at available devices, the LED strips have a submenu where you can select one or the other. I don't remember seeing that before. Maybe I am mistaken.

My advice is be a little patient and give the system an extra 10 minutes afterward to finish processes from the update. Please add your experience with the updates.

Edit:
the mouse and keyboard were updated too.*
11 REPLIES 11

Terepin
Level 8
The AC itself wasn't updated, only components and those saw only minor update.

Best update ever, still not fixed:

Still cant change lightning effects with turn-off mode. :mad:
I am not writing about aura sync, this one works fine

EmoPociejek wrote:
Best update ever, still not fixed:

Still cant change lightning effects with turn-off mode. :mad:
I am not writing about aura sync, this one works fine

What do you mean by Aura Sync? Was that the name of older version of software that is not compatible?
When device pages are like that, to me it means a broken installation that might take a reinstall of Armoury Crate or Windows altogether.

Jimbo93 wrote:
When device pages are like that, to me it means a broken installation that might take a reinstall of Armoury Crate or Windows altogether.

Probably too many updates already, very possible this fault.

And so I am going to move from windows 10 to 11 in the near future. I have too much garbage installed in the background. 🙂

I discovered that after I ran a windows system file check with the command sfc /scannow that some of the updates were removed. By that I mean that armoury crate update center wanted to install them again. Strange but caused no real issue except having to reinstall and restart.

I ended up reinstalling the whole program again. I had been watching the cpu activity and it was slightly worse after the update which kind of reinstalled itself like three times. That was another clue, it wasn't installing smoothly. After this last re-install I am back to what I consider very good, low cpu activity. I took the time to do some system maintenance before re-install.

Here is a random windows performance tip, Open device manager and under View menu- select show hidden devices, also under view menu select Devices by Type (default). Scroll down to Storage volume shadow copies (follows after Storage controllers, but if you cannot find that device group it means your shadow copies are disabled or perhaps you just did a disk cleanup) Expand Storage volume shadow copies. See if you have any Grayed out Generic volume shadow copy. Grayed out means it is shown as a missing device. If you have any grayed out missing generic volume shadow copies, delete them. Wait a minute and reboot. I have seen this help many times with performance. It might also be a good time for a chkdsk /x /f which forces a disk check on next restart.

Terepin wrote:
The AC itself wasn't updated, only components and those saw only minor update.

Well, by the number of devices updated and the asus framework updated as well, it seems more than minor to me.

xeromist
Hi Jimbo,

My understanding is Shadow Copies are part of system restore, not a missing device. Deleting them should have no impact on Windows's ability to install drivers. Are you sure you didn't take other actions between restarts that may have resulted in driver installs?

Just as an example, in my system I have 3 dark shadow copies in the device manager and I have exactly 3 restore points in system restore.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Hi Jimbo,

My understanding is Shadow Copies are part of system restore, not a missing device. Deleting them should have no impact on Windows's ability to install drivers. Are you sure you didn't take other actions between restarts that may have resulted in driver installs?

Just as an example, in my system I have 3 dark shadow copies in the device manager and I have exactly 3 restore points in system restore.

The ones that are not grayed out in color are still useable, on the other hand if there are ones that are gray color or lighter color they can not be used or they are not intact. I believe, from previous experience, that if they become unusable as described but are still in the registry and device manager they can slow down performance. I could be wrong about that but I dont think so. I did not mean to suggest it is a magic fix for Armoury Crate, but with this app it seems every little bit of performance helps.