cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ASUS - Big Issue With Asus Hardware Causing Graphic Issues?

vcore
Level 8
Build 1:

-12900K (stock)
- Asus Rog Strix Z690-F Motherboard
- T Force Delta DDR5
- Corsair HX1000W Multi Rail PSU
- Asus Rog Strix OC RTX 3070ti
- Samsung 980 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro

Build 2:

-12900K (stock)
-Asus Rog Strix Z690-F Motherboard
- Kingston Fury Beast DDR5
- Corsair HX1000W Multi Rail PSU
- EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080ti
- Samsung 980 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro

ISSUES ENCOUNTERED ON BOTH BUILDS:

- Experiencing graphical issues in games on both integrated and dedicated gpu (textures render slow with pop ins, textures are moving and look fuzzy jagged and will flicker or flash, shadows tearing and morphing)

ALDER LAKE OWNERS - PLEASE TEST IN CSGO FOR EASY REPLICATING

Video of the problem and how to replicate:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fs1OMXFcpYVpovWYstbLX6UN7PL_PYY-/view?usp=sharing

1) In CSGO settings set your Global Shadow Quality - Low/Medium (very important that you set this or the problem won't occur)

2) Go into Dust2 map and goto the location in B Tunnels as seen in the video and copy what I did.

Did you see the fence fuzzing and the shadows in the tunnels morphing and tearing with blurring?

CONCLUSION:

I will be shocked if both my Alder Lake builds have faulty hardware. Or is it an widespread Alder Lake issue?
Hence why I need some Alder Lake owners to test to see if this is a widespread issue on Alder Lake, Asus Z690 or Samsung NVME drivers.
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
You say the 3070 had the same issue in both systems so I still think that's the primary culprit. I'm not surprised that the integrated doesn't perform well and that may be an unrelated coincidence. Have you tried putting the 3080 in build 1 to see what happens?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You say the 3070 had the same issue in both systems so I still think that's the primary culprit. I'm not surprised that the integrated doesn't perform well and that may be an unrelated coincidence. Have you tried putting the 3080 in build 1 to see what happens?

My mistake. I have tested more longer with the 3070 into the other build and did not get the same issues to occur or if there is its barely noticeable or not affected as bad.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Could you take a video of the problem and post it here? I'd tend to agree with the above, sounds like the issue is with the GPU.

Take a video, if it seems that way I'll move the thread to the ROG Care section for the attention of service.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Could you take a video of the problem and post it here? I'd tend to agree with the above, sounds like the issue is with the GPU.

Take a video, if it seems that way I'll move the thread to the ROG Care section for the attention of service.

Will post it to you once I hop onto the computer and compile the videos.

*Thanks

EDIT: Both builds are encountering the same graphic issues on both integrated and dedicated gpus. In CSGO when settings are changed to "Global Shadow Quality - Low/Medium" is when I encountering shadow morphing, blurring and tearing issues.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

Both Alder Lake builds are experiencing these graphic issues on both integrated and dedicated gpus. I want to see if this is a widespread issue or if I am that unlucky to get both builds with faulty hardware?

ALDER LAKE OWNERS - PLEASE TEST IN CSGO FOR EASY REPLICATING

Video of the problem and how to replicate:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fs1...ew?usp=sharing

1) In CSGO settings set your Global Shadow Quality - Low/Medium (very important that you set this or the problem won't occur)

2) Go into Dust2 map and goto the location in B Tunnels as seen in the video and copy what I did.

Did you see the fence fuzzing and the shadows in the tunnels morphing and tearing with blurring?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The link doesn't work.

That's a fairly specific example. Sounds like a draw distancing rendering bug in the engine. If the problem was at hardware level i.e. artefacting you'd notice anomalies everywhere, in most 3D applications.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
The link doesn't work.

That's a fairly specific example. Sounds like a draw distancing rendering bug in the engine. If the problem was at hardware level i.e. artefacting you'd notice anomalies everywhere, in most 3D applications.

It happens in every game though. And in CSGO my old build never used to have these issues. So seeing it in the new build I am sure there is something wrong. Should not be experiencing this on a old DX9 game.

What I think the problem could be is maybe Intel drivers, Asus Drivers or NVME drivers.
AIso I always see this Kernel PnP 225 warning everytime even after formatting. It says something about harddiskvolume and related to the nvme. Could this be what is causing my issue?

If not, and if it’s a hardware fault I am not sure which hardware it could be.

I hope someone can help me find out if it is my hardware or a driver bug that people have not noticed yet.

Try this link: *https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1eCnBRZvflpSfBLZ0ionizuO1jf4K_V31?sort=13&direction=a

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
@scone

On top of the issues found in games. I also found when doing UFO strobe test thing in full screen it will show fuzzy blurry flashing pixelated lines/texture, it seems to only happen at the top of the screen. And it has nothing to do with my monitor etc.

Can someone at Asus please test the drivers that is for my hardware because I have not found what the cause of it is yet. From what I can speculate from all the tests I done is either Chipset Drivers, Asus Drivers, Asus + NVME bug or Windows.

I really need to find out what is causing this as I just recently built 2 identical builds both have the same issue.*