CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore II
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III Wireless
    Headset Audeze Mobius
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath BLK
    OS Win 11

ROG Delta New Firmware

Has anyone else noticed a huge sound downgrade with the latest Device SDK and Firmware for the ROG DELTA. Why touch what was not broken ? The Delta has now lost a lot of punchy bass tones. I am very disappointed as the Delta was my favorite headset.

New ROGer Array

you are right, with the delta s I notice a donwgrade in the audio quality and that I'm testing it with the mqa codec, asus is on purpose to fail the peripherals for the consumption of new products?

ROG Enthusiast Array skyhopper01 PC Specs
    skyhopper01 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel I9-12900ks
    Memory (part number)GSKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB @6400mhz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA FTW3 ULTRA 3090ti
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG32UQX 4k 144HZ
    Storage #1Samsung 980 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore II
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III Wireless
    Headset Audeze Mobius
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath BLK
    OS Win 11

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo.labrin View Post
    you are right, with the delta s I notice a donwgrade in the audio quality and that I'm testing it with the mqa codec, asus is on purpose to fail the peripherals for the consumption of new products?
    Its Very frustrating, perhaps someone from ROG will see this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the 'animate' edition of this headphone... What version of the firmware and SDK are we talking about? When I was trying to put the MQA renderer to use I, at first, only managed to get the 1st 'unfold.' after having it show that the renderer itself is working in AC, I noticed my MQA tracks being... well, just as detailed (maybe more) but tamer? Not as 'in your face' as I honestly thought it would be.

I had a thread asking about what the "flat" EQ settings are for this headphone, and some users mentioned that people may not like the sort of boringness of delta s headphones -- since they are the 'flattest' ROG product

Well, I sure do miss the deafening bass from my previous speakers, but I like to tell myself sometimes that what I hear through these headphones is what I'm actually supposed to (if you know what I mean) -- no saturation of bass, treble, etc. A pretty close to 1:1 listening experience...
    Last edited by AndrasROG; 01-22-2022 at 12:35 AM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense

For regular listening you should be able to use the EQ to adjust to your preferences. For Skyhopper, I'm not sure the EQ does anything when MQA is active. Nate has been testing Tidal so you might pop over to the thread Andras linked and ask him.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40B)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL + ROG Scabbard II
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

Hey Guys,

I've had the ROG Delta S Animate for a short while, I'm still using my free trial on Tidal. I'm by no means an audiophile expert, but I do think I know good sound when I hear it.

I was testing MQA with the Armoury Crate sound optimization set to flat with the EQ off and the bit and sample rate set to 16 bit 44.1KHz, this is standard cd sound quality. Switch MQA on and you're listening at 24bits 96KHz at full decoder sound quality, which is generally found in high end home audio equipment. The reason for setting Armoury Crate flat is because you have no eq control when MQA is enabled, this keeps it a fair comparison. Testing it that way, I find MQA sounds significantly better and even louder.

As for the sound of the headphones themselves I will agree some songs could be lacking a little in bass, depends what I'm listening to. The mid range could maybe be toned down a touch, the highs are spot on as I can hear those crisp S's in most songs. My complaints could be how I want to hear it rather than how the master recording should be heard.

I use them more for games than listening to music though, the virtual surround is one of the best I've heard as there's little to no sound degradation when it's turned on. I can hear everything all around and above.

I personally haven't noticed any change with the new firmware update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	91855

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've had the ROG Delta S Animate for a short while, I'm still using my free trial on Tidal. I'm by no means an audiophile expert, but I do think I know good sound when I hear it.

I was testing MQA with the Armoury Crate sound optimization set to flat with the EQ off and the bit and sample rate set to 16 bit 44.1KHz, this is standard cd sound quality. Switch MQA on and you're listening at 24bits 96KHz at full decoder sound quality, which is generally found in high end home audio equipment. The reason for setting Armoury Crate flat is because you have no eq control when MQA is enabled, this keeps it a fair comparison. Testing it that way, I find MQA sounds significantly better and even louder.

As for the sound of the headphones themselves I will agree some songs could be lacking a little in bass, depends what I'm listening to. The mid range could maybe be toned down a touch, the highs are spot on as I can hear those crisp S's in most songs. My complaints could be how I want to hear it rather than how the master recording should be heard.

I use them more for games than listening to music though, the virtual surround is one of the best I've heard as there's little to no sound degradation when it's turned on. I can hear everything all around and above.

I personally haven't noticed any change with the new firmware update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	91855
    About the strange weaknesses of your listening experience... I, too made another comment here but decided to delete it since I was just feeling mega confused.

Do you know how MQA 'works' when there is a new signal under the MQA section of your device manager? Well, that was always 'N/A' for me when I used 'MQA passthrough' in Tidal. I thought I had a hardware renderer, that I can finally use that feature, and I DID hear stronger highs and lows in my MQA tracks since.

But that MQA indicator, once again, always showed N/A. It was only after I set it so that Tidal had exclusive control over the headphone AND turning off MQA passthrough, that the N/A signal disappeared in the device page... CRUCIALLY, this is when I may have noticed the seemingly reduced presence in certain frequencies that the headphone was playing after supposedly activating 'full' MQA rendering.

So then, what is the strangeness here? Well, I have found new information suggesting that MQA renderers can take on their job AND the software's job, therefore solely doing the job of FULLY processing MQA tracks...

I'd say that *maybe* Armoury Crate isn't showing the right MQA signal when such passthrough settings are enabled. Perhaps there is some inconsistency somewhere.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40B)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL + ROG Scabbard II
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

Let's go to your thread here.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127487

ROG Member Array

considered these, but ultimately went with corsair premium headset....these look nice but the software issues with every update are not worth the premium.