cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Compatibility for ASUS 690 - Spec Strix, Hero and Extreme

mpoffo
Level 10
I am in the process of putting together a Z690 system. As you all know DDR5 memory has been hard to come by. I found this on Corsair's website:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB-DDR5-Memory---Black/...

From what I can tell it is not on the QVL lists, though I know they take some time to get updated at times. The only difference is what I believe to be the CAS latency of "C40". The QVL lists have similar Corsair memory kits with C38 or C36. Will this memory run appropriately with the Strix, Hero or Extreme?

I was going to get a Hero but I am not sure on when they will be available again. I don't want to settle for a Strix but might for now. I would get the extreme if I can find it anywhere.

Thanks for your thoughts.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup
0 REPLIES 0