cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Armoury Crate and Aura not showing G Skill Trident Z RGB RAM

Jordy_Rowaan
Level 7
1. The device page isn't showing in both applications my G Skill Trident Z RGB RAM
2. PC, custom build
3. Aura Sync products - G Skill Trident Z RGB RAM & Fractal Design Celcius S24+ Prisma
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - EVGA Precision X for my GPU
5. Wired / wireless connection - Wired for RAM and Cooler
6. Reinstalled Windows? Yesterday did a clean install because W11 was not working properly
7. Windows version & build - 21H2 / 19044.1466
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Idc the version but was fine under W10 and W11 installation before.
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS HAL 1.2.8.0
Aura Kit 20200317
Device Kit 2.1.2.3

I've spoken with MrAgapiGC(CarlosDeBernard) from the ASUS ROG Dicsord and tried the follwoing:
- Disable fast boot and sleep in W10
- Deleted LastProfile.xml under C:\Program Files (x86)\LightningService
- Hold SHIFT while shutdown PC
- Pulled the power cable
- Switched off PSU
- Reseated my RAM (same stick in same slot)
- Waited for 20+ minutes
- Plugged power back in.
- Switched PUS and PSU on.
- Tried to see RAM again in Armoury Crate, but not showing up.
- Enabled login and rebooted again.

See screenshots:

Log will be sent by PM.
25 REPLIES 25

axiumone
Level 11
This was suggested to me for the same issue.

Try downloading this - https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-RGB,-Neo,-Royal,-Royal-Elite

After I enabled motherboard support in that app, I was able to see and control the g.skill ddr5 modules in aura crate.

axiumone wrote:

Try downloading this - https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-RGB,-Neo,-Royal,-Royal-Elite

After I enabled motherboard support in that app, I was able to see and control the g.skill ddr5 modules in aura crate.

i installed this on my crucial ballistix rgb dark hero 3904 bios and aura can now see my rgb ram.

thanks for the tip...

ASUS NEEDS TO REALLY FIGURE OUT THE SOFTWARE FOR THE HARDWARE THEY SELL

axiumone wrote:

Thanks for the tip. After doing the uninstall Armoury Crate (because it kept crashing) and reinstalling, updating it, my system was unable to see my tridentZ neo RGB DDR4 memory. I'd never had this problem before, and the box actually shows that it supports the Aura sync system. I simply installed the app, and then Armoury Crate could see it again.

Where in the app do you enable motherboard support? Simply installing it and running it once was all I needed to do. I also tried controlling it with Razer Synapse, but didn't find the animation as smooth as Armoury Crate's control.

axiumone wrote:

Where is the motherboard support option in this app?

Kingdramanyz
Level 7
same issue with crucial ballistix.

Laxman1110
Level 7
Jordy Rowaan wrote:
1. The device page isn't showing in both applications my G Skill Trident Z RGB RAM
2. PC, custom build
3. Aura Sync products - G Skill Trident Z RGB RAM & Fractal Design Celcius S24+ Prisma
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - EVGA Precision X for my GPU
5. Wired / wireless connection - Wired for RAM and Cooler
6. Reinstalled Windows? Yesterday did a clean install because W11 was not working properly
7. Windows version & build - 21H2 / 19044.1466
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Idc the version but was fine under W10 and W11 installation before.
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS HAL 1.2.8.0
Aura Kit 20200317
Device Kit 2.1.2.3

I've spoken with MrAgapiGC(CarlosDeBernard) from the ASUS ROG Dicsord and tried the follwoing:
- Disable fast boot and sleep in W10
- Deleted LastProfile.xml under C:\Program Files (x86)\LightningService
- Hold SHIFT while shutdown PC
- Pulled the power cable
- Switched off PSU
- Reseated my RAM (same stick in same slot)
- Waited for 20+ minutes
- Plugged power back in.
- Switched PUS and PSU on.
- Tried to see RAM again in Armoury Crate, but not showing up.
- Enabled login and rebooted again.

See screenshots:

Log will be sent by PM.

Just click on device -> select your motherboard model -> click on addressable header tab -> click on rescan option on right side. It would fix the issue and your Ram will be synced with asus aura sync.

Laxman1110 wrote:
Just click on device -> select your motherboard model -> click on addressable header tab -> click on rescan option on right side. It would fix the issue and your Ram will be synced with asus aura sync.

Your advice is really valuable, I've been angry with the memories disappearing from Aura Sync for months.

cekeu wrote:
Your advice is really valuable, I've been angry with the memories disappearing from Aura Sync for months.

Finally the memory disappears after each restart of the pc. The only viable solution is to install G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control - even if it means disabling it at system startup so that the memory remains detected by Armory Crate and used reliably with Aura Sync

Laxman1110 wrote:

When I go to the addressable header tab there isn't a rescan option on the right side