cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Ryyjin II 360 fan and pump info in LCD screen?

JcRabbit
Level 10
So, I just got a new system with an Asus ROG Ryyjin II 360 AIO.

With this AIO it seems like fan and pump RPMs are monitored and set via the ASUS controller and its USB 2.0 cable that connects to the motherboard (i.e.; the fans are NOT connected to fan headers on the motherboard). I can see info on fan and pump RPMs on the AIO device page of Armory Crate but, this being a proprietary system because of not using the motherboard's fan and pump headers, this information does not seem to be made available to 3rd party monitoring software like AIDA64.

In Armory Crate I can set the AIO LCD to display hardware info (such as CPU temperature, chassis fan RPMs, etc) which is pretty useful, HOWEVER, it seems the only information available is related to the motherboard. I am unable to display any information related to the AIO itself, i.e.; the RPM of the AIO's fans/pump.

Is this a HUGE oversight on this cooler, did Asus do this on purpose so you have to keep Armory Crate running 24/7 on your system just to see that information, or am I missing something?!
4 REPLIES 4

JcRabbit
Level 10
Replying to my own post is not cool, but what is there to do when Asus doesn't seem to care much about its AIO customers?

Just upgraded Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 (my advice for those still running 21H2: don't do it, at the time of writing this 22H2 is filled with bugs that should never have made it past QA, but did). The upgrade removed Armoury Crate, as upon running 22H2 for the first time I got a prompt asking me to re-install.

I did and, much to my surprise, I now have a 'AIO Info' category for the Ryujin LCD. In that category I can choose to display water temperature and pump speed.

Unfortunately I still have no idea on how to get the speed of the AIO Noctua fans that are connected to the AIO's fan controller. None of the entries in the 'Fan Speed' category relate to the AIO fans (yes, I tried them all one by one).

Qwinn
Level 11
I'm having the same issue as you. Can only get fan information on the cooler's Device page in Armoury Crate, and there it only lists "Embedded Micro Fan" (which always reads zero), "Pump" and "AIO Fan Controller". I'm still on Windows 10 Pro, though, and not willing to "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Have half a mind to just get rid of the fan controller and hook everything up to the motherboard directly.

Qwinn wrote:
I'm having the same issue as you. Can only get fan information on the cooler's Device page in Armoury Crate, and there it only lists "Embedded Micro Fan" (which always reads zero), "Pump" and "AIO Fan Controller". I'm still on Windows 10 Pro, though, and not willing to "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Have half a mind to just get rid of the fan controller and hook everything up to the motherboard directly.

Can that even be done?

KneelbfZod
Level 9
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I agree with you. The Fan hooked up the control box that comes with the cooler should report its RPMs (per header) to the software. I wonder if the ASUS can add this?