cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to get back previously obtainable memory speed? Strix Wifi A D4 BIOS 1003

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
Hello,

I have the strix wifi a d4 and noticed that since the new intel memory refence code has been implemented into BIOS 1001 forward, now on 1003 as well that my memory speed of 4133 which was stable on 0901 BIOS is no longer bootable.

Is there a way to look at what has changed within the memory code to see what has changed to make this negative impact? I'd love to see the code myself but, I'm having issues find the right tools to look at the code myself unfortunately.
4 REPLIES 4

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
Unfortunately, my next step will be opening a ticket with support as it seems support though present and watching the forums doesn't want to speak up, jeez I wonder why?

thewebsiteisdown wrote:
Unfortunately, my next step will be opening a ticket with support as it seems support though present and watching the forums doesn't want to speak up, jeez I wonder why?

Hello,

ROG Care aptly labeled hardware and software support is where you should post for service. However, your post is too specific so they're not likely to be able to help you.

Can I ask what makes you think this is anything to do with Intel's reference code specifically?

Vendor memory rules change from build to build, and as a result, some stability may become conditional when overclocking.

You can either flashback to a UEFI build that is stable for your configuration or tune the system accordingly.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

ROG Care aptly labeled hardware and software support is where you should post for service. However, your post is too specific so they're not likely to be able to help you.

Can I ask what makes you think this is anything to do with Intel's reference code specifically?

Vendor memory rules change from build to build, and as a result, some stability may become conditional when overclocking.

You can either flashback to a UEFI build that is stable for your configuration or tune the system accordingly.

I've opened up a ticket with your team silent. Though very helpful, you.. It's obvious what the issue is as only one thing has changed memory wise the intel mrc. I'm not the only one having issues since the new code has been implemented into bios 1001. Case# n2201042915

thewebsiteisdown wrote:
I've opened up a ticket with your team silent. Though very helpful, you.. It's obvious what the issue is as only one thing has changed memory wise the intel mrc. I'm not the only one having issues since the new code has been implemented into bios 1001. Case# n2201042915

You'll likely find there are more changes. Can you try changing training profile to "standard". Some users have found this useful after updating builds.

Ultimately, though, changes to ucode are necessary and occasionally overclocking can be impeded (especially if the OC was conditional in the first place)
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090