Quote Originally Posted by Chainbold View Post
    Do you have a link to this version?
    Scroll down on this page to Shamino’s post:

Â*
    Â*Â*https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...94802/page-153

It’s post #3058.*

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by beryl View Post
    The Shamino’s 1101 version now works well with SLI. For DDR5 Issues, i have to raise up my voltages for memory from 1.25 to 1.30 to execute the XMP profile specs (4 x 16 modules).
    What kit are you using? I am going to try to get 4x16 to work, but I'm not too optimistic based on everything I've read so far. I have a feeling my 2x16 is barely stable.

ROG Enthusiast Array theroc44 PC Specs
    theroc44 PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Extreme
    Processor12900k 5.1GHZ
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator 32gigs 6200 CAS 36 DDR%
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster AE-9
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Samsung 980pro 2tb
    Storage #2WD SN850 2tb
    CPU CoolerMSI Meg Coreliquid 280r
    CaseCoolermaster C700p Black Edition
    Power SupplyASUS Rog Thor 1200 Certified 1200W Fully-Modular RGB
    Keyboard Logictech G915
    Mouse Logictech G502
    Headset Logictech G935
    Mouse Pad Logictech Lightning Pad
    Headset/Speakers Logictech Z906
    OS Windows 11 Professional

Quote Originally Posted by chsoriano View Post
    I know... I'm looking but I can't find a 2x32gb kit higher than 5200 MT/s (the Corsair dominator). If I'm not able to get the 4x16gb stable I'll return the new kit or sell it to someone and wait for a higher binned 2x32gb kit.

Do we know if the issues making it difficult to get 4x16gb to work is an issue with the kits or PMICs or something that could be fixed by future bios revisions?
    Finding that QVL corsair 5200 kit is like finding the holy grail. Lol I'm still trying to grab a set. I def agree 2x32 is def 1000000 times easier than the 4x16.

ROG Junior Member Array Maxoid PC Specs
    Maxoid PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel i9-12900KF
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-5600 32GB (2x16) CL36-36-36-76 1.2v
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce TUF-RTX3080TI-012-GAMING
    Storage #1WD Black SN850 1TB NVME M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerASUS-ROG-STRIX-LC-360
    CaseASUS GX601 ROG STRIX HELIOS
    Power SupplyASUS-ROG STRIX 1000W 80+ Gold
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Not really fixing the DDR5 stability issue.

XMP profile is starting well but system will crash in a several hours. Still need to manipulate with voltage manually to make it stable.

Very disappointing case taking into account memory I'm using is on QVL

After some investigation it is very likely the problem is in heating - when memory temperature reach about 60-65 degree it become very unstable. But having 1.3 v on VDDs and some workload on memory, it easily reaches that temperature

Not sure it will be fixed in any future BIOS.

I've returned back my DDR5-6000 and got DDR5-5600 since it has 1.2v and now temperature is lower than 60 degrees. Some manipulation with voltage is needed anyway to make it works stable.

Very frustration situation to pay a lot for DDR5 and not able to make it work from start and month later without reading tons of info.

New ROGer Array

Anyone's Intel ME FW not update to 16.0.15.1620 with the 1003 bios upgrade? Mine's still stuck at 160.0.15.1545.

New ROGer Array

Just an FYI from my end for anyone looking to update to 1003.

I haven't posted my troubles yet (was trying to narrow down root cause) but I was experiencing video driver crashes on all previous BIOSs with the exception of the original 02xx.

I'm on day 2 with the 1003 update and haven't seen the crash yet. Still stock settings on the DDR5. If I'm stable with the video for the rest of the day I'll start experimenting with the XMP profiles and follow the other guidance I've read on the forum.

Hope that helps someone!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Can anyone confirm if this new BIOS fixes the bug with the i5-12400 where System Agent Voltage won't move above 0.97 v?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Woots PC Specs
    Woots PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite Series 64GB (4 x 16GB)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Sound CardUniversal Audio Apollo Twin USB DUO Heritage Edition 10x6 USB Audio Interface with UAD DSP
    MonitorAlienware AW3418DW (34" Curved IPS Panel, 21:9 Ultra Wide, Nvidia G-Sync)
    Storage #12x WD_BLACK 2TB (each) SN850 NVMe
    Storage #24x WD 8TB (each) WD Black Performance HDD
    CPU CooleriCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler with Elite Display Upgrade
    CaseWhite: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P3, 80 Plus Platinum 1200W
    Keyboard Razer Hunstman Elite Chroma Keyboard (Red Linear Optical switches)
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate Chroma Mouse & Naga Elite Wireless both w/ Charge Bases
    Headset Sennheiser HD800 S with Anlion ModMic Wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly V2 Chroma Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD800 S & Audeze LCD-2C
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT32X
    Accessory #1 Nanoleaf & Philips Hue LED setups
    Accessory #2 Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller
    Accessory #3 Audio DAC: Schiit Asgard 2 Multibit & Audio AMP: Schiit Bifrost

I cannot even get my computer to get past bios with this new bios update.

The issue as far as I can tell seems to be relate to my ram refusing to cooperate with new bios. I am using QVL ram too

G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3600

I can't even get them to run stable underclocked with new bios, It keeps rebooting to system instability errors.

Also I can't seem to overclock my cpu either with new bios. I rolled back to the last version of bios (the 901 version) and I still had issues linger and I was running that version perfect before. This must have been due to so many firmware updates happening in newest version? Perhaps not everything rolled back.

I then rolled back to the 807 version and thankfully I got my system working again and fully stable and was able to overclock my cpu again, turn back on my video card reBar and get my ram back to rated clock speed again.

I have no clue what's going on with this new bios, but they are going backwards badly here. I hope these problems get identified and figured out.
    Last edited by Woots; 01-28-2022 at 10:06 PM.

New ROGer Array

My new built pc would hang on bios sometimes on the first startup.
    Here is a video of the troubles I've been facing on 0811....but I'm not sure if this is actually bios related. The PC was built by a 3rd party oem and is due for collection next week.
    I did install the bios 1003 today, wondering if it will make a difference.
    Here is an example of my failed boots on 0811. https://youtu.be/JLhL8yWRpVk

New ROGer Array

Installed 1003 this morning.
    Core I9 12900K
    ASUS Z690-E Gaming WIFI Mobo
    Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 5600 RAM(4X16GB)
    MSI 2080TI Graphics
    ASUS ROG STRIX 1200 watt PSU
    6TB(3 X 2TB) Samsung 980Pro storage

First off, I'm a vanilla enthusiast. I don't yet go into individual timings for OC settings. That being said...

For the first time, I'm able to run XMP1with AI Optimized, but where I'm getting no love is with Armory Crate. I'm aware of the conflict with the Trident lighting software, so I resolved that by installing the Trident after Amory Crate, and setting it to run at start up. Then, after a couple of reboots, disabling the Trident in the start up menu. I still have to re-initiallize Armory Crate after every re-boot, turn the memory off-then on again in AURA, and if I try to open up the dashboard in Amory Crate, no matter when, all the RGB lighting freezes until re-boot. Plus, the ASUS AIO CPU Cooler RGB and my Corsair RGB mousepad never turn off, even after shut down. Otherwise, I left my system on for the first time all day today, and it was still humming along nicely when I got home. Temps, voltages all seem nominal for the settings.

Couple of more things. Start up still takes about 1:30, and I kind of feel like that shouldn't take so long considering the rig.
    Also, Armory Crate lost my PSU, which does have RGB lighting. Can someone point me to the thread for a thorough Armory Crate uninstall (after using the uninstaller)?

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast