cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prime z690-p d4 wifi : a 5 sec delay after pressing the power button

Entiszzot
Level 7
Hello ! I have an annoying, but not so serious issue that I need help on. There's a consistent 5 to 6 second delay after pressing the power button before all the lights turn on and everything starts booting up. It's a newly built PC .
Does anyone else have the same problem? is it a non-critical error, which can be fixed with the next bios, or is it the case that I open a rma?
the ram is a G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-32GTZN - , 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz cpu : intel i7 12700 psu 850w seasonics focus gold
thank you
13 REPLIES 13

Entiszzot
Level 7
any suggestion?

Is there not a setting you can change in bios that sets the boot delay. It is on mine

Entiszzot wrote:
any suggestion?

could it be that memory is borderline stable? Are u using bios defaults or XMP etc

Jimbo93 wrote:
could it be that memory is borderline stable? Are u using bios defaults or XMP etc

problem persist in both situation , xmp or whitout xmp !

I noticed that if I turn off the power supply from the switch and then turn it back on, the computer starts immediately, isn't it strange? could the power supply be the cause?

Entiszzot wrote:
I noticed that if I turn off the power supply from the switch and then turn it back on, the computer starts immediately, isn't it strange? could the power supply be the cause?

Hi Entiszzot,

This same question about the delay came up in another thread on almost the same day and I just happened upon it after I posted my earlier answer. In that thread, I will try to find you the link, but it was shared that an asus bios programming expert says it is normal behavior and has to do with the ME firmware. I will have to find the link and come back with it.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Hi Entiszzot,

This same question about the delay came up in another thread on almost the same day and I just happened upon it after I posted my earlier answer. In that thread, I will try to find you the link, but it was shared that an asus bios programming expert says it is normal behavior and has to do with the ME firmware. I will have to find the link and come back with it.

Ha ha it was posted just above already. I must be getting old.

Anyway, if that answer does not satisfy, then maybe investigate the possibility to update the ME firmware and driver because it must be somehow related. See MoKiChU drivers and firmware. I used his downloads to update and patch ME firmware and also used his ME driver and it worked perfectly. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119120-INDEX-All-My-Firmware-Drivers-Software-Threads
You can post questions in the proper thread any more questions about how to update. I do not know if it will make a difference, but perhaps a chance.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Ha ha it was posted just above already. I must be getting old.

Anyway, if that answer does not satisfy, then maybe investigate the possibility to update the ME firmware and driver because it must be somehow related. See MoKiChU drivers and firmware. I used his downloads to update and patch ME firmware and also used his ME driver and it worked perfectly. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119120-INDEX-All-My-Firmware-Drivers-Software-Threads
You can post questions in the proper thread any more questions about how to update. I do not know if it will make a difference, but perhaps a chance.

thx you ! but it didn't work for me .. now I'm trying to change every single piece of my new pc, until I solve it 🙂

Entiszzot wrote:
thx you ! but it didn't work for me .. now I'm trying to change every single piece of my new pc, until I solve it 🙂

there is another possibility. Are u running win 10 or 11? If on Win 10, is your system drive using MBR or GPT partition? GPT is supposed to be faster. I never did a careful comparison myself.Â*