cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XIII hero with DDR 4 3600mhz question

susanto
Level 7
So I was watching a video on the asus maximus XIII hero and it mentioned that DDR 4 with a 10th gen core I9 only useable up to 2933mhz and I have the corsair vengeance RGB pro 32gb with 3600 mhz coming in. Will the Motherboard throttle it back to 2933mhz? Or do I have do it manually. I checked Corsairs compatability with the motherboard but said nothing about the CPU so I am just concerned that the motherboard won't post with this RAM its' this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DJ19CK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details If anyone has this ram with this motherboard and the 10900k can you please let me know if you encountered any problems?
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
It does not throttle back. if effected, it will set 2933Mhz at the *best timings for that speed. *There maybe a profile for that speed or will attempt to determine RAM timings itself.

Sounds good thanks.

Doubt very much it would slow your RAM to that speed mentioned.

It will more likely run at full advertised speed once you been into BIOS and checked.

How did it actually go?

kubr0
Level 7
Its a limitation on the side of the CPU, not the mobo. I doubt you will be able to crank it up to the advertised value, which is for the 11th Gen CPUs.